2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone gotten a financial aid package yet

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y'all! Does anyone know how many individuals are placed on alternate list and how many get in? In my interview, they said around 100 make it on and 60-70 get in. I also see in this forum that individuals have said 250 make it on the alternate list and 75-100 get in! I interviewed in March so I do not know if the number changed throughout the cycle!! Thanks so much for your insight :) !

Hey y'all! Does anyone know how many individuals are placed on alternate list and how many get in? In my interview, they said around 100 make it on and 60-70 get in. I also see in this forum that individuals have said 250 make it on the alternate list and 75-100 get in! I interviewed in March so I do not know if the number changed throughout the cycle!! Thanks so much for your insight :) !
I have seen the 250/75-100 number before on AAMC materials but I believe that it is outdated. I don't remember anybody talking about the 100/60-70 thing in my interview but that may just be because I didn't remember it or hear it clearly.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have seen the 250/75-100 number before on AAMC materials but I believe that it is outdated. I don't remember anybody talking about the 100/60-70 thing in my interview but that may just be because I didn't remember it or hear it clearly.
VCU has been changing up how they do things these past few years. I have no idea how many they interviewed this year.

At the end of the day tho, you’re either gonna get your number called or not

VCU has been changing up how they do things these past few years. I have no idea how many they interviewed this year.

At the end of the day tho, you’re either gonna get your number called or not
do you think can we ask them straight when is the date that they release first batch of waitlist acceptance ?

do you think can we ask them straight when is the date that they release first batch of waitlist acceptance ?
Go for it but I think they would just give a vague answer, like in the next few weeks, since they probably don’t know themselves

• Sad
I got the federal loan approval amount on the eservices on the VCU website but haven’t gotten notification about scholarships etc if that’s what you’re asking. I’m def waiting for that too!

Hey guys! Currently on the waitlist and randomly logged onto my portal to see a new page with Official Transcripts, VCU information, and In-State Tuition Eligibility. Does everyone on the WL see this on their portal, too?

Hey guys! Currently on the waitlist and randomly logged onto my portal to see a new page with Official Transcripts, VCU information, and In-State Tuition Eligibility. Does everyone on the WL see this on their portal, too?
I don’t see it on mine. Probably means you’ll be accepted soon!

WL movement 👀

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the status change email. I got the A, first one and honestly keep checking to see if it’s real, good luck to all those still waiting for something, Ik how crushing it can feel

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the status change email. I got the A, first one and honestly keep checking to see if it’s real, good luck to all those still waiting for something, Ik how crushing it can feel
IN or OOS?

I called in to ask actually and they said they'll begin meeting tomorrow and begin meetly weekly after so hopefully that means they'll start rolling out soon!

Reactions: 1 users
I called in to ask actually and they said they'll begin meeting tomorrow and begin meetly weekly after so hopefully that means they'll start rolling out soon!
oof, okay thanks! do we know when their CTE deadline is?

forgot to post but was accepted off the alternate list on monday. OOS applicant.

but does this mean we HAVE to PTE April 30 or we can change schools because then wouldn’t it be useless?
PTE = 1 school +waitlists, CTE = 1 school no more waitlists. On May 1 you have to pte to ONE school and must withdraw your other As

PTE = 1 school +waitlists, CTE = 1 school no more waitlists. On May 1 you have to pte to ONE school and must withdraw your other As
Is that VCU’s or is that AMCAS’s deadline because other schools have different CTE dates that are later - just want confirmation that VCU is doing CTE May 2 and not a later date

Is that VCU’s or is that AMCAS’s deadline because other schools have different CTE dates that are later - just want confirmation that VCU is doing CTE May 2 and not a later date
They’re following AMCAS’ deadline. They confirmed on the portal after acceptance!

Reactions: 2 users
Curious to know if they still meet weekly...
I would imagine it’s pretty automated from here. As spots open up, they just accept more from the waitlist going down by ranking. But I have no idea just guessing

I would imagine it’s pretty automated from here. As spots open up, they just accept more from the waitlist going down by ranking. But I have no idea just guessing
St this point it’s just dr whitehurst Cook and probably one assistant going down the list in order or rank. Nothing more. It’s purely a numbers game

Most people would be surprised that waitlist movement at a lot of schools is like one or two dude or dudets handling it.

St this point it’s just dr whitehurst Cook and probably one assistant going down the list in order or rank. Nothing more. It’s purely a numbers game

Most people would be surprised that waitlist movement at a lot of schools is like one or two dude or dudets handling it.
Would you agree that a majority of WL movement occurs in the first week of May and past that it’s just a trickle?

Would you agree that a majority of WL movement occurs in the first week of May and past that it’s just a trickle?
I think all of may is pretty high yield for movement - June is when I would classify it as a trickle

Has anyone who has been accepted got an email saying the Orientation website has been updated and is ready for us to look at? They said it would be updated in Mid-March and we would get an email when it was, but I have gone to the link a few times, and the date for when school starts is still be listed as last years date, Monday July 26th, and I never got an email saying it was updated. So, just wondering.

I not sure if I should wait to do some of the stuff on the "Before Orientation" list, like send in transcripts, until the website is updated, or go ahead.

What are people other people doing?

Has anyone who has been accepted got an email saying the Orientation website has been updated and is ready for us to look at? They said it would be updated in Mid-March and we would get an email when it was, but I have gone to the link a few times, and the date for when school starts is still be listed as last years date, Monday July 26th, and I never got an email saying it was updated. So, just wondering.

I not sure if I should wait to do some of the stuff on the "Before Orientation" list, like send in transcripts, until the website is updated, or go ahead.

how do you have a 15 year old account lmao

• Haha

I’m having the same issue - I also really really need the financial aid to come in before april 30

I found out I got accepted through the CYMS tool (they uploaded the decision 11:59 AM) from the waitlist and then I checked my portal and I have tabs but no official email yet

how do you have a 15 year old account lmao

I joined SDN in the early 2000s when I was first in college and thinking about going to medical school, but I ended up doing something else for about a decade before coming back to medicine. I am one of those much older students now. When I came back to medicine and first started the process of applying, I happened to remember my username and login from before, so I just started using my old account instead of creating a new one. SDN has definitely gone through some changes. When I first joined, they had blogs from several different medical students and residents documenting their journeys, which were sometimes interesting to read. (YouTube didn't exist yet, so no vlogs), and the blogs weren't so much about presenting a perfect image, or being some kind of influencer. There wasn't money or ad revenue in it. It was just people sharing their experience. So, anyway, that is how I have a 15 year old account. LOL

Reactions: 6 users