2022-2023 Eastern Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has admissions been receptive to anyone who has recently asked for an update? I asked last Friday if seats were still available so that those who were on the waitlist could have a realistic expectation of what to expect/make other plans and have not received a response šŸ„“

146-150 students seems to be their optimal class size and the Facebook group is at 140 members.

Undoubtedly the class has been full for a while. Seats open as people withdraw acceptances to go to other schools. Waitlist movement across all medical schools continues to taper off. I believe EVMS uses a mid-July CTE date, so there is a slight possibility, but, admissions can't forecast whether someone drops an acceptance or not. Admissions typically doesn't respond on weekends/holidays, so you will likely get a response today or tomorrow. Facebook group size is a poor indicator of actual class size.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Undoubtedly the class has been full for a while. Seats open as people withdraw acceptances to go to other schools. Waitlist movement across all medical schools continues to taper off. I believe EVMS uses a mid-July CTE date, so there is a slight possibility, but, admissions can't forecast whether someone drops an acceptance or not. Admissions typically doesn't respond on weekends/holidays, so you will likely get a response today or tomorrow. Facebook group size is a poor indicator of actual class size.
Thanks for the information about the mid-July CTE date! I definitely understand that admissions isnā€™t psychic. Knowing that admission has been recently active with acceptances or communication is personally helpful as there is a disconnect between whatā€™s reported on SDN and it helps with planning. šŸ˜Š

If anyone has heard from admissions, I would appreciate the ā€œscoop.ā€

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the information about the mid-July CTE date! I definitely understand that admissions isnā€™t psychic. Knowing that admission has been recently active with acceptances or communication is personally helpful as there is a disconnect between whatā€™s reported on SDN and it helps with planning. šŸ˜Š

If anyone has heard from admissions, I would appreciate the ā€œscoop.ā€
If you hear anything do let us know please

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind sharing your status?
Sure thing, 511 and 3.85 but my understanding of the wait-list is it works more on selecting individuals similar to people who left so I wouldn't stress to much about stats. Best of luck!

Sure thing, 511 and 3.85 but my understanding of the wait-list is it works more on selecting individuals similar to people who left so I wouldn't stress to much about stats. Best of luck!
Thanks!! Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the CTE deadline is here?

I talked to admissions about two weeks ago and they said class is full and they aren't expecting much movement if any at this point, especially for in state students.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I talked to admissions about two weeks ago and they said class is full and they aren't expecting much movement if any at this point, especially for in state students.
Sorry to hear but they can't predict the future as to who all will give up their seats to free them up for the rest. Please keep your hopes up all of you.

My son was accepted tonight OOS mid tier

Reactions: 5 users
Received an OOS acceptance over the phone today. I did not accept it. Good luck to anyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck to those still waiting! Just withdrew as an OOS mid tier

My son was just accepted. Is there a groupme for accepted students?
yeah, easiest way to get the invite is join the c/o 2027 facebook group, it's helpful in general throughout his time in school for general updates, opportunities etc