2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do they explain the logistics of the interview format prior to the start of the MMI? i'm a bit confused as to how the prompt showing would work/when to actually join the Zoom call w the interviewer

Members don't see this ad.

+2. i'm starting to dread checking my mailbox bc someone in the thread mentioned that they reject via snail mail
It seems like no one on SDN from our interview date has heard back yet so I don’t think that’s a case! From what I think, they send out decisions once a month so we might just be waiting until February to hear back, unfortunately.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
do they explain the logistics of the interview format prior to the start of the MMI? i'm a bit confused as to how the prompt showing would work/when to actually join the Zoom call w the interviewer
Yes! They go over everything before the interview starts. I don’t remember exactly what the logistics were but they went over everything!

It seems like no one on SDN from our interview date has heard back yet so I don’t think that’s a case! From what I think, they send out decisions once a month so we might just be waiting until February to hear back, unfortunately.
Also I heard through the grapevine that there might be issues with their new email system so maybe hope isn’t lost yet 👀

Reactions: 1 users
Yes! They go over everything before the interview starts. I don’t remember exactly what the logistics were but they went over everything!
Do they send us any info through email prior to interview date? Still waiting for some type of communication beforehand

I will likely be withdrawing my A soon, so hopefully it goes to one of you beautiful people on here :)

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
congrats to those accepted! May I ask whether you were accepted straight or if you were deferred first? Also, may I ask your interview dates?
Interviewed in October. Deferred in December. Accepted January 17th!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Do most people hear back Post-II through email (A/D/W/R). I saw earlier in threads that someone received an R only through mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any hope that a pre-II deferral has a chance to turn into an interview at this point? thanks and good luck to everyone.😟

I have withdrawn my acceptance to this school. Wishing all of you the best of luck and hoping that our paths cross in the future as physicians! Much love ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Really hoping we find out this week! I emailed them this week to see if there were any updates since we're basically at 10 weeks now and they basically just said that my application is still under review and I will be notified when a decision has been made.

Really hoping we find out this week! I emailed them this week to see if there were any updates since we're basically at 10 weeks now and they basically just said that my application is still under review and I will be notified when a decision has been made.
I’m really hoping for this week as well! Starting to go crazy and an answer would be appreciated!

ugh, my deposit for a DO school is due next week.. hopefully geisinger will get back to me before I have to pay the $2000 (nonrefundable) deposit. *cries in broke premed*

ugh, my deposit for a DO school is due next week.. hopefully geisinger will get back to me before I have to pay the $2000 (nonrefundable) deposit. *cries in broke premed*
wow that kind of deposit seems like a scam. I really hope you get an answer soon!

Reactions: 2 users
wow that kind of deposit seems like a scam. I really hope you get an answer soon!
thank you.
yea.. i didn't realize how expensive DO deposits could be. i guess that's the cost of liking science and wanting to help people :smack:

has anyone who has been deferred gotten accepted? i have been deferred since dec and have not heard back :/

Just received the A, hope everyone else hears wonderful news as well!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Omg I was deferred to next meeting interviewed 11/30 😅 is this a good sign or bad yall 🥲

They releasing these by last name? checking my inbox like crazzzzzy

Omg I was deferred to next meeting interviewed 11/30 😅 is this a good sign or bad yall 🥲
I was deferred initially as well, I wouldn't take it as a bad or good sign. Here's to hoping you hear the best soon!

Reactions: 2 users