2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’d definitely say to ask yourself if your update is important. If it’s significant and you think it has the potential to swing the vote in your favor then you should definitely send it now. Worst case is you’d send it when a decision was already made. Good luck!
I think a significant update letter with a good LOI (if that's the one school you want to go to) would cause them to reassess your application

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Do people typically receive deferred decision after interviewing? I recently interviewed and want to gauge what are my chances of receiving an A at this point in the cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a lengthy email talking about the Abigail Geisinger scholars program; at the end it said "we hope their words inspire you to begin your own adventure here at Geisinger commonwealth." buttttt I don't even have an A, I'm still deferred. does this mean anything? or is it just a mass email

I just got a lengthy email talking about the Abigail Geisinger scholars program; at the end it said "we hope their words inspire you to begin your own adventure here at Geisinger commonwealth." buttttt I don't even have an A, I'm still deferred. does this mean anything? or is it just a mass email
I got the same email, feels disrespectful at this point since I havent heard anything back since I got deffered to the next committee meeting in december

Reactions: 4 users
Didn’t get it over here so maybe it is good news on your end!

Reactions: 1 user
did anyone who's accepted complete the background check - is it supposed to cost $55 or am I doing something wrong?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hmm that's interesting, did u get deferred? also did u apply to the Abigail program?
Just interviewed in January near the end and haven’t heard anything yet about any decision. And yes to apply to the Abigail Geisinger’s scholarship.

I was accepted last month and didn't apply to the Scholars Program, but I received that email this week as well. I don't think it means anything.

I was accepted last month and didn't apply to the Scholars Program, but I received that email this week as well. I don't think it means anything.
I thought the same thing initially, but now that not everyone has received it im not so sure. ig we will see

i recently got into the scholars' program and still got that email if that says anything

This might actually be the longest week of my life. The wait might be more excruciating than all my (many) years of undergrad.

Can someone post about GCSOM's waitlist info from MSAR? Mines expired so I can't look up info, TIA!

Just interviewed in January near the end and haven’t heard anything yet about any decision. And yes to apply to the Abigail Geisinger’s scholarship.
I interviewed around the same time. Should we be expecting to hear back this week about our decisions? It would be just in the 6 week timeframe I think

I interviewed around the same time. Should we be expecting to hear back this week about our decisions? It would be just in the 6 week timeframe I think
The 15th will be 8 weeks for me so that is pretty much when I am expecting to hear. But hopefully you get six weeks!! That would be so nice to not have the extra wait time!

The 15th will be 8 weeks for me so that is pretty much when I am expecting to hear. But hopefully you get six weeks!! That would be so nice to not have the extra wait time!
Fingers crossed! It seems like they only release decisions once a month at the midpoint of the month so if I don't get it in 6 weeks then itll end up being 10 weeks :eek:

Hope all January peeps hear back then!

Has anyone else been deferred for...seemingly ever? I interviewed in October, was deferred early December and have not heard anything since. Does this typically result in a WL?
I feel u bc I interviewed October and got deferred November

Reactions: 1 user
Also got a deferment from an interview email. I got the same one back in Jan. I guess they did another pass recently

I wonder what the point of pre-II deferment is. At this point, you may as well just reject me. I promise I won't hold it against you Geisinger. We weren't just meant to be.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone else been deferred for...seemingly ever? I interviewed in October, was deferred early December and have not heard anything since. Does this typically result in a WL?
Same here… getting WL vibes too

Does anyone know when the next round of post-II decisions come out?

Does anyone know how long the Scholars interviews go for? Or is that completely out of the question at this point?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long the Scholars interviews go for? Or is that completely out of the question at this point?
When I interviewed last month they said invites for Scholars interviews would go out around a month after an acceptance.. they didn’t say they were already done interviewing so I’m also hoping there are more to go out!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the A! Interviewed late Jan (I think the 20th) OOS

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Post-II deferment. Interviewed Jan 18

• Care
Also deferred post-II, interviewed late January