2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone heard back from the school after interviews? does it take more than 2-3 weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was told on 10/7 interview day that the committee meeting was in “less than 2 weeks” and to expect a decision “1-2 weeks after the committee meeting” , so that it would take “3-4 weeks” to get a decision.

are people still at screening phase? i submitted secondary first week of aug and still doesn't show my app as being complete. i reached out multiple times and they just said they are behind.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If any accepted students wanna dm me, or if there are any current students on here that I can dm, please do! Would love to talk about your experiences and what’s going in to your decision.

to those that were interviewed, how was interview day like?? if yall have any tips/advice, that would be great as well!!

Got the A call today! II on 11/1

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
my secondary app got marked as completed last week, how long did you guys wait to get an interview?

I was just wanting to know what the interview set-up was like. I know the website says 3 30 minute one on one interviews, but didn’t know if that had changed since the interview is in person instead of on zoom now.

Anyone who has received IIs, what day are they sending them out?

Has anybody gotten a post secondary R for this school?

Recieved the A call at 11:30!!! Interviewed 12/2

Is there a GroupMe for the upcoming class of 2027? I know that there is a Facebook group, but it's not very active

How do they decide which campus they decide to interview you for ? Because I chose VCOM-VA as preference, but im open to the others.

Is there a GroupMe for the upcoming class of 2027? I know that there is a Facebook group, but it's not very active
I have not seen one. We could create one !
How do they decide which campus they decide to interview you for ? Because I chose VCOM-VA as preference, but im open to the others.
From my understanding, you are evaluated at all campuses, but your campus of choice has first dibs on giving you an interview. Someone please correct me if I have a misunderstanding of the process

I have not seen one. We could create one !

From my understanding, you are evaluated at all campuses, but your campus of choice has first dibs on giving you an interview. Someone please correct me if I have a misunderstanding of the process
Like the idea of a groupme. Suppose we all need to DM someone our info to set up?

Like the idea of a groupme. Suppose we all need to DM someone our info to set up?
Feel free to DM me your info, I can create a group me ! At some point, using discord would be super helpful. It allows for multiple channels, pinning of study resources, etc- my masters program uses this and it’s insanely helpful.

Feel free to DM me your info, I can create a group me ! At some point, using discord would be super helpful. It allows for multiple channels, pinning of study resources, etc- my masters program uses this and it’s insanely helpful.
Hey, current student here. If there is a link to a GroupMe, make sure to post it on the Facebook page. This is what they did for my class and the one before!

Has anyone done a virtual interview for this school? What was it like and how was it set up? I have a virtual interview coming up, but everyone I know has done theirs in person.

Anyone else been marked as complete and under screen review since like September and not heard anything?

Reactions: 2 users
Did you pick them as your top spot on secondaries ?
I picked Auburn as my first preference for campus.

And to those who receive a future II, I strongly recommend doing your interview in-person as it was a wonderful experience for me to meet my interviewers in-person, talk to a few OMS-I student ambassadors, and walk through the facilities.

I submitted early September and still no II. Portal says app complete and still at screening. I'm just wondering if maybe it was because I indicated a strong preference for the Auburn campus that they've passed over my app?

I submitted early September and still no II. Portal says app complete and still at screening. I'm just wondering if maybe it was because I indicated a strong preference for the Auburn campus that they've passed over my app?
mine has been this and i indicated open to all campuses.

I had a similar experience. I was complete in July and hadn’t heard anything come mid October. I reached out to Admissions and a month later received an email saying I was under review. Within 20 minutes, no joke, I had an II directly from the admissions coordinator wanting to know if I could interview in two days time. All of that is just to say that I highly recommend reaching out to their admissions office and seeing if they can pull your app and physically check on its status.