2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Louisiana)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an interview invite!

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone have tips for the virtual interview? i have mine at the end of February

How much of an impact will an in-person interview make?

I'm looking at the current dates, and its going to be a solid challenge to coordinate the in-person interview dates with my job commitments on short notice. I can somehow make it happen ie. drive all night to Monroe from out of state, interview, then bounce (lol). The virtual option would allow me to not have to break as many commitments, but if in-person interviewing is worth something to adcom then that's that.

Members don't see this ad :)
mine is in person!
Mine was in person! Everyone there is super nice- my non medical interviewer was very friendly and made me feel comfortable before I went to meet with the interviewer was a physician (and a bit more stoic lol)

I got an ii within a few hours after my last update. Could be coincidence, but who knows. Also they had lots of in person dates and a couple virtual interviews running through March.

Reactions: 1 user
Any in person interview tips? I’ve had a few virtual but wondering how much of a difference if any being in person will be.

Any in person interview tips? I’ve had a few virtual but wondering how much of a difference if any being in person will be.
Have questions ready for the interviewers and also the Med students! You'll have lunch with them

is anyone still waiting on an II? when do they interview until? I am getting worried that it is now march and closer to the end of the cycle.

Anyone interview on 2/8 or 2/15 waiting to hear back?

Per admissions the committee is meeting today to review

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone got an A recently? Or are they just giving out waitlists? Have an interview in a couple days!

Were you also on the 8th? I haven't heard anything back yet

No, I was the following week. & I actually just got rejected. I hope that means those of you who haven’t heard anything receive and A. Good luck!

No, I was the following week. & I actually just got rejected. I hope that means those of you who haven’t heard anything receive and A. Good luck!
I'm sorry to hear that. Thank you for the reply, I wish you luck and hope everything works out for you in the future!

I interviewed very recently and just received an email for their master's program.... I already did an SMP LOL

II 3/2 and interviewed in person 3/14.
Adcom meets every 2 weeks, so hopefully that means they meet tomorrow (3/16). I am very hopeful. I loved Monroe during my stay.

For those with acceptances, the facebook page is somewhat helpful. There is a google drive shared with a roommate matching google doc as well as good housing/apartment/condo/etc options. There is also a link to an accepted students 2027 discord group that you can join through the facebook page.

Anyone interview on 2/06 and not heard back yet? Was told we'd hear back within three weeks, so I'm starting to get concerned

Anyone interview on 2/06 and not heard back yet? Was told we'd hear back within three weeks, so I'm starting to get concerned
I recommend calling to follow up. People from far more recent interview sessions have already been given their results.

I had an email that they sent to me not go through to my email for some reason. When I called, they said it didn’t go through.

Hi all. I just received an Interview invite! However I’m nervous I won’t be able to find something that fits with my schedule. I’m in Wisconsin and don’t have the money to make the trip out to LA or the time. I work 32 hours with Tuesdays off so unless there is a virtual day on a Tuesday available I’m not sure what I’ll do. Any tips?

Hi all. I just received an Interview invite! However I’m nervous I won’t be able to find something that fits with my schedule. I’m in Wisconsin and don’t have the money to make the trip out to LA or the time. I work 32 hours with Tuesdays off so unless there is a virtual day on a Tuesday available I’m not sure what I’ll do. Any tips?
Just contact admissions and ask them what available options there are.

Is anyone else having issues logging into their email? It keeps saying my account is locked/disabled.

II this afternoon! I was actually an applicant for the Virgina campus (that being my 1st choice and strong preference) but received a call this morning from the Louisiana office that my information had been sent to their campus from Virgina and they wanted to know if I was interested in withdrawing my interview chances from Virgina and instead interviewing with them. I decided to have my app pulled from the Virgina campus since I’ve been complete since July and haven’t heard a thing. Looks like the final interview option was April 17th.

I have interview on Monday. Does any of the accepted students know if there are any seat left?

Declining my acceptance, hopefully it goes to one of you deserving people!

Has anyone received an interview invite lately? My application has been complete and in screening for a while now. I'm getting anxious because I know they make final decisions towards end of April

Interviewed 3/20 (virtual) and WL today. Pray 4 me. 🥺

PS - does anyone know if they accept LOIs or additional LORs after a few weeks?

Has anyone received an interview invite lately? My application has been complete and in screening for a while now. I'm getting anxious because I know they make final decisions towards end of April
I just recently got in invite on 3/27 and I interviewed on 4/1 in person

I know committee met this week. Anyone still waiting heard anything yet?

I know committee met this week. Anyone still waiting heard anything yet?
They should actually have met on the 13th if I am not mistaken.

Edit: I received an A the day they met (3/16), but perhaps they rescheduled or just haven’t gotten around to calling/emailing decisions from that meeting yet.

Was told committee didn't meet last week due to a staff issue. I'm guessing that means a lot of students will be reviewed this week.

Are the odds of moving from waitlist to acceptance high or low? Just trying to gauge my chances here before making decisions