2022-2023 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my A; I lovee Georgetown but I got into a Canadian med school ( I'm Canadian lol) so I'll be going there due to costs. I hope one of you guys gets the spot! Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my A; I lovee Georgetown but I got into a Canadian med school ( I'm Canadian lol) so I'll be going there due to costs. I hope one of you guys gets the spot! Good luck :)
Thank you for informing us and best of luck in medical school!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel they will release a wave of A's before the June 5th commit to enroll deadline that many other schools have. So deep down I think we'll see a few A's this week
The issue is that medical schools need to fill up their classes, but until they know how many students have CTE, they cannot make WL decisions. It would be a risk to Georgetown to accept WL students only to have all of their current WL A's CTE, a situation where they overfill their class.

Ideally, students with multiple A's should CTE and formally drop their WL A's so schools can make further WL decisions. But I'm sure there are students who are waiting for financial decisions, in between two schools, or even just sick of the process (and taking a break before making a decision).

I just wish the CTE deadline were sooner. I'm submitting my reapplication while still waiting for WL decisions.

The issue is that medical schools need to fill up their classes, but until they know how many students have CTE, they cannot make WL decisions. It would be a risk to Georgetown to accept WL students only to have all of their current WL A's CTE, a situation where they overfill their class.

Ideally, students with multiple A's should CTE and formally drop their WL A's so schools can make further WL decisions. But I'm sure there are students who are waiting for financial decisions, in between two schools, or even just sick of the process (and taking a break before making a decision).

I just wish the CTE deadline were sooner. I'm submitting my reapplication while still waiting for WL decisions.
Per last year's thread, they sent out a wave of A's on June 3rd, which was a Wednesday last year!

Per last year's thread, they sent out a wave of A's on June 3rd, which was a Wednesday last year!
Oh yeah. It's entirely possible they'll release A's this Friday or Saturday. I'm sure there are students that choose to or choose not to CTE before the deadline and Georgetown will be able to make moves.

Does anyone know if Georgetown has a specific CTE deadline that they go by?

Members don't see this ad :)
The idea of them not releasing decisions today and having to wait until tomorrow is sickening

In case this is helpful - two people joined the groupme today and one last night

In case this is helpful - two people joined the groupme today and one last night
I'm shaking in anticipation. I'm wondering if those additions are from students who already got off WL and chose to CTE or students current getting off the WL.

Also 2 people left the FB group :').

I just got accepted!! Via email, no call.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got accepted via email :')

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Can someone please link me to the facebook or group me for accepted students?

Congrats to everyone accepted!! I didn't send many letters of interest or intent. Did any of yall get in without sending anything?

I sent 4 or 5 letters and didn’t get in so I don’t know if there is a perfectly direct relationship between letters and acceptance

Congratulations to everyone who got an A today! Should I assume that no more A’s will be sent out before June 5?

Found the accepted FB group haha, is there an accepted group me? Cant seem to find that

Congratulations to everyone! That was the last major WL movement, historically, right?

Does anyone know if GUSOM performs or teaches abortions? And are rotations all over or just at one hospital - heard about this lottery system that sounded different? And also, is it true we need to send in a credit report and if it's not "good enough," we have to defer a year lol

Last edited:
The financial aid office just told me there will be no more institutional aid given out, but as someone accepted off the WL, I'm confused? Does this mean we'll have to pay through loans with packages we haven't even received yet

Just withdrew my spot on the waitlist as I had another A with a June 5th CTE deadline. So if there are any additional spots that become available, I hope they go to one of you!

If you're reapplying this cycle, stick to it! You'll get there, and it'll all be worth it in the end!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if GUSOM performs or teaches abortions? And are rotations all over or just at one hospital - heard about this lottery system that sounded different? And also, is it true we need to send in a credit report and if it's not "good enough," we have to defer a year lol
I’m worried about this credit report haha. That’s the first time I’ve heard about it

I’m worried about this credit report haha. That’s the first time I’ve heard about it

I saw it on sdn from a few years ago so maybe it's been updated since then. It's on their financial aid section in the portal but it doesn't say anything about deferring a year so maybe the policy changed

Wasnt able to attend Second Look Day but is Georgetown changing their clinical to strictly P/F starting the 2023 academic year?

“Thank you for contacting our office! The class is not yet quite full, we do expect to see some more movement before the June 15th deadline”

From adcom

“Thank you for contacting our office! The class is not yet quite full, we do expect to see some more movement before the June 15th deadline”

From adcom
Probably waiting to see if all the recently accepted students commit.

Just got the A - interviewed in december and waitlisted in march. i truly can't believe it because i thought they were done sending acceptances

• Love
Reactions: 5 users