2022-2023 Northeast Ohio (NEOMed)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's good to know. I called them a couple of days ago to express my concerns about finding housing if one gets 'A' so late in the cycle and close to the start day of the class. The lady mentioned that they were almost full then and their target is 201 this year. Expect see some WL movement starting today at least for the seats that have not been commited to by CTE date (6/15).
I mean, that is my same concern with late A's. It is the living situation. But the 201 is definitely better than the 180 that was mentioned earlier.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if we accept our offer into one of the one year masters programs with early assurance, will that remove us from the waitlist for matriculation this year?

Does anyone know if we accept our offer into one of the one year masters programs with early assurance, will that remove us from the waitlist for matriculation this year?
As far as I know, acceptance into Master's program won't impact your WL position. Someone already accepted into master's program was asked to withdraw from the master's program after he/she was accepted off the WL.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist today! is there a group me for M1s?

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Is there a group for masters program students? Accepted on Wednesday to the BTBI program :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Was there any upate email sent out recently from NEOMED as they usually do?

Last edited:
Good Luck Everyone!!!! Congratulations on earning your White Coat!!! I am a proud parent of a NEOMED Grad who completed the BS/MD program when it was still available. After over a decade, my son is in his last week of Fellowship and will be officially an Attending next week! Finally!!!! (He's coming off my cell phone bill). LOL

We talked this past week about the long road. Here are some of his thoughts: NEOMED is hard, but doable. Keep your head down and study. If your struggling with anything (grades, mental health, family, relationships, etc.) get help ASAP. Many of his friends used counselors during their 4 years due to unseen problems that occurred. He had friends who took a gap year through the program and friends who actually had to repeat year 2 due to failing. (These friends did graduate from the program and are now in residency). He has developed life long friends now, and they have all graduated from NEOMED.

Get in the habit of spending one evening per week of having fun, meaning going out with friends, going to the gym, etc. You deserve a night out. Enlist help from family & friends if possible..meaning, I would bring meals to his apartment on the weekends. There were times he ordered a meal service to get through some really hard weeks (Factor meals, Icon Meals, etc). It was worth the price and splurge.

My son lived in the Village the first year and then moved to apartments in Kent and in Akron which were a little less in cost. He enjoyed the 15-25 minute drive to NEOMED as thinking time.

He felt the hardest exam he ever took (and this is his opinion only) was Step 1. He had to earn a specific number on the test to qualify for the different residencies, and now I heard it's PASS/FAIL. Either way, it's a really difficult exam. He felt Step 2 was a little easier.

Would he do medical school again? Absolutely!!!! One thing that surprised him was during his Internship. He worked with fellow Interns who went to more....hmmm, let's say "prestigious" schools. And he knew more than they did!!! Once he realized that, he wasn't intimidated by those other interns. At the end of his residency during the exit interview, the department head praised him with multiple compliments about his character, temperament, his decision making skills and his brains.

The reason I am writing this is because I want to encourage you to hang in there and don't give up. You made it this far and was accepted. Their were many students in his class who did quit. So, as the idiom implies, "the juice is worth the squeeze," give it your all. It's only 4 years!!!!

Good Luck and Congratulations!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
That's good to know. I called them a couple of days ago to express my concerns about finding housing if one gets 'A' so late in the cycle and close to the start day of the class. The lady mentioned that they were almost full then and their target is 201 this year. Expect see some WL movement starting today at least for the seats that have not been commited to by CTE date (6/15).
where are you guys calling? can someone share the number please

Any new 'A' off the WL? There is a movement in FB group- 2 new members got added.

Since tomorrow is their first day of orientation, I would probably suggest the latest they will notify anyone about a spot would be Tuesday night once they make sure all the students are there.