2022-2023 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now - mind completely blown because I was pretty sure it was over. There's no available slots to schedule the interview? not sure how to proceed. The email said that they post new openings on fridays so I guess I'll check again friday for open slots?

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
II just now - mind completely blown because I was pretty sure it was over. There's no available slots to schedule the interview? not sure how to proceed. The email said that they post new openings on fridays so I guess I'll check again friday for open slots?
AH congrats! If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the 2/13 interview date heard back yet? The wait is killing me :(( I thought we would hear back today

hello all! i am looking for some advice. i was waitlisted about a month ago and was told that UC Davis does not accept letters of intent or any updates from this point forward.

however, many people (including someone who used to work in admissions) have encouraged me to email admissions and send essentially a letter of intent/emphasize how important this school is to me. Davis is my top school - i made my SDN account just to ask this.

does anyone have any insight into the process?

thank you so much in advance :))) and best of luck to all of you applying/congratulations to those of you who have been accepted!!

hello all! i am looking for some advice. i was waitlisted about a month ago and was told that UC Davis does not accept letters of intent or any updates from this point forward.

however, many people (including someone who used to work in admissions) have encouraged me to email admissions and send essentially a letter of intent/emphasize how important this school is to me. Davis is my top school - i made my SDN account just to ask this.

does anyone have any insight into the process?

thank you so much in advance :))) and best of luck to all of you applying/congratulations to those of you who have been accepted!!

I mean, you definitely could email the admissions email and tell them that they’re your top choice, but they are very strict that an applicant cannot add anything to their file to be considered for admissions. So i bet it wouldn’t necessarily hurt, but I can almost 100% guarantee they will not consider it unfortunately. I was waitlisted to Davis last year and they were my top choice, and I emailed them once saying something along the lines of “I was wondering if you were able to disclose how frequently waitlisted applicants were accepted, as Davis is my top choice and I would 100% attend if accepted”. They emailed like 2 weeks later and basically said nothing except “it depends”. I was rejected later on lol, and I don’t think it was because I emailed them but obviously it also didn’t help much haha. With Davis, you are in it for the long run unfortunately. Good luck fellow applicant

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know the scholarships that are provided if admitted to the ACE-PC or PRIME programs?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I mean, you definitely could email the admissions email and tell them that they’re your top choice, but they are very strict that an applicant cannot add anything to their file to be considered for admissions. So i bet it wouldn’t necessarily hurt, but I can almost 100% guarantee they will not consider it unfortunately. I was waitlisted to Davis last year and they were my top choice, and I emailed them once saying something along the lines of “I was wondering if you were able to disclose how frequently waitlisted applicants were accepted, as Davis is my top choice and I would 100% attend if accepted”. They emailed like 2 weeks later and basically said nothing except “it depends”. I was rejected later on lol, and I don’t think it was because I emailed them but obviously it also didn’t help much haha. With Davis, you are in it for the long run unfortunately. Good luck fellow applicant
thank you so much! i'm sorry about davis but i hope you are enjoying your current med school experience! <3

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m so sorry! How did your interview go? Are IS?
yes IS! I honestly thought it went really well. I prepped heavily and had interviewers tell me that I gave comprehensive and thoughtful responses. So pretty bummed about the (very tersely worded) rejection 😕. I just want to know where my app went wrong.. 0 for 4 ii this cycle (2 WL, 1 R, been waiting on decision from last place since Aug so not looking good).

Congrates! :love: Do u mind share your stats? Also, are you from Northern California?
Thank you! 😁 LM ~73, IS, not originally from Northern California but have been living in NorCal for the past few years. Best of luck!!

Waitlisted, interviewed 02/24… anyone know the odds of getting the A off the waitlist here? Feeling very blue as I’ve heard from all schools and only have a waitlist spot at one other school, no A’s :(

• Sad
Waitlisted, interviewed 02/24… anyone know the odds of getting the A off the waitlist here? Feeling very blue as I’ve heard from all schools and only have a waitlist spot at one other school, no A’s :(
I'm in the same boat! I was waitlisted after my interview on 02/24. :cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi: The waiting is killing me! Have you heard of anyone receiving an acceptance call from the 02/24 batch?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the same boat! I was waitlisted after my interview on 02/24. :cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi::cryi: The waiting is killing me! Have you heard of anyone receiving an acceptance call from the 02/24 batch?
Nothing yet. Any info on A’s is gonna be here and it seems pretty silent… my interview felt like it went perfectly. Didn’t stutter once… this boat really sucks man, let’s mutiny.

• Wow
  • Care
just got the A, II 2/24!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
yes IS! I honestly thought it went really well. I prepped heavily and had interviewers tell me that I gave comprehensive and thoughtful responses. So pretty bummed about the (very tersely worded) rejection 😕. I just want to know where my app went wrong.. 0 for 4 ii this cycle (2 WL, 1 R, been waiting on decision from last place since Aug so not looking good).
2 WL means it’s an open game. Do not give up. I have 3WL and 1R.

Does anyone know what grading system UC Davis uses for the clerkship years? I know pre-clerkship is Pass/Fail, but that's all I know. I can't find any information on the website. If someone could send a link about the grading system, that would be great too :)

Does anyone know what grading system UC Davis uses for the clerkship years? I know pre-clerkship is Pass/Fail, but that's all I know. I can't find any information on the website. If someone could send a link about the grading system, that would be great too :)
The school just recently changed the grading for core clerkships. Starting May 2023, 3rd year rotations will be Pass / Fail. They’ve done away with honors. I believe 4th year is still H/P/F for now.

The school just recently changed the grading for core clerkships. Starting May 2023, 3rd year rotations will be Pass / Fail. They’ve done away with honors. I believe 4th year is still H/P/F for now.
Ohhh okay I see. Thank you so much! If you don't mind me asking, where did you find this information?

Ohhh okay I see. Thank you so much! If you don't mind me asking, where did you find this information?
I’m a rising MS3 :) The grade change starts with my class. It just recently passed, so I don’t think it’s on the website yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got an A last Thursday but missed the call while on spring break.

Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II R just now. MD/PhD applicant. A little bummed because I interviewed -> waitlist -> R last year and improved my app a lot. This was the final place I was waiting to hear from tho before I committed to my A at another school :) Went to UCD for undergrad and had some connections to a lot of physicians at UCD due to lifelong chronic illness that was treated there, grew up about 30 mins from campus. Good luck and blessings to everyone!!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
There goes my dream of staying in California…oh well I firmly believe what is meant to be is meant to be, to the east coast I go! Pre II R

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
WL. Interviewed 3/3. Thought I did terrible on interview day so i’ll take it!