2023-2024 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ATSU really shouldn’t be starting any email with “you’re invited” that’s not an interview
I know right!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
can you please give us some information about the format of the interview? Was it MMI, one on one, panel?
It is pretty chill. It is two one-on-one interviews with a faculty member, both are 25 minutes long. They are broken up by a group activity with a few other applicants where you discuss a problem and answer questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A!
OOS Interviewed 9/11
3.69 cumulative, 513

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
How do I decline in II or withdraw my app … I haven’t seen a button like some others

Reactions: 1 user
In-State submitted secondaries for KCOM and SOMA on Aug 20, 2023 and I have not heard anything from them. Is this a silent L?

In-State submitted secondaries for KCOM and SOMA on Aug 20, 2023 and I have not heard anything from them. Is this a silent L?

Are you IS for MO or AZ? Regardless, you are perfectly fine imo. Historically, both of these schools send II well into the new year!

Declined my interview, hope it goes to someone and they get an A!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ii received this morning. Submitted early July. OOS. 3.2/511

Acceptance Recieved 10/13 ! OOS, Interviewed 10/2 !
News recieved via phone call, didn't get a f/u acceptance email though, did anyone else have this experience?

Acceptance Recieved 10/13 ! OOS, Interviewed 10/2 !
News recieved via phone call, didn't get a f/u acceptance email though, did anyone else have this experience?
Yes also got the call Friday afternoon. They said email was either coming later that day or Monday. Never got it Friday so it should come tomorrow.

https://x.com/jbcarmody/status/1717174463463108707?s=20

Recent news for SOMA to get rid of the 3+1 style, does anyone know how this will affect things in the future? I was accepted for the class of 2028.
Thanks for sharing that. I don’t know what it means for the future, but I think it is clear that ATSU-SOMA is not in a strong place right now with rotation sites. They will have to make some changes

Has anyone paid the deposit yet and is able to rank their CHC sites? I hear that in the past years you are able to rank them right away after you pay the initial deposit but I also was told they changed it this year? Wanted to double check to make sure I don't make an early deposit for no reason.

They are not letting anyone choose their CHC. Switched to a 2+2 model, you will be told your second year which CHC site you will go to for years 3 and 4. A lot more like the system for most other DO schools.

They are not letting anyone choose their CHC. Switched to a 2+2 model, you will be told your second year which CHC site you will go to for years 3 and 4. A lot more like the system for most other DO schools.
only difference (which is a big one) is you have no idea where your OMS-III and OMS-IV years will be at now until AFTER you matriculate. At least w/ most other DO schools, you are able to at least stay in your general region for years 3 + 4, but that's not really the case w ATSU as the CHCs are spread all over the country, many of them being in undesirable rural areas.

why is this forum dead. havent heard anything from this school. 0 updates or emails. Completed 7/26 edit

Are all interviews for ATSU-SOMA in person?! Or do they offer virtual options?

Does anyone know if they still have a cadaver lab? I read somewhere they possibly lost it a few years ago but I can't find anything else about it

Does anyone know if they still have a cadaver lab? I read somewhere they possibly lost it a few years ago but I can't find anything else about it
From what they said on interview day, it’s 50% virtual/holographic anatomy and 50% prosection cadavers.

Edit: I like your username btw!

From what they said on interview day, it’s 50% virtual/holographic anatomy and 50% prosection cadavers.

Edit: I like your username btw!
Oh that's great to hear! I also remember hearing about it during interview day but I wasn't sure if I heard wrong or not.

and thanks!! :)

Got the A this Thursday!
OOS interviewed 10/23/23

Received called for the A yesterday, interviewed 10/30!

I am supposed to interview this coming Monday 11/20 but want to withdraw my application. I already confirmed the interview this past weekend but changed my mind. I sent an email to the admissions but does anyone know if I can get penalized for cancelling relatively late?

I am supposed to interview this coming Monday 11/20 but want to withdraw my application. I already confirmed the interview this past weekend but changed my mind. I sent an email to the admissions but does anyone know if I can get penalized for cancelling relatively late?

No you cannot be penalized. The worst that can happen is you burn a bridge with the school

Does anyone know if the first deposit is binding, as in we have to attend or can we still withdrawal after that first deposit? I wasn't sure because the admissions contract is also needing to be signed.
Also, I'm guessing the first deposit is non-refundable, can someone confirm please?

Does anyone know if the first deposit is binding, as in we have to attend or can we still withdrawal after that first deposit? I wasn't sure because the admissions contract is also needing to be signed.
Also, I'm guessing the first deposit is non-refundable, can someone confirm please?
first deposit is non-refundable, I dont think its binding they can't force you to go there but you'll lose your money for sure and cut off any ties with the school if you re-apply

only difference (which is a big one) is you have no idea where your OMS-III and OMS-IV years will be at now until AFTER you matriculate. At least w/ most other DO schools, you are able to at least stay in your general region for years 3 + 4, but that's not really the case w ATSU as the CHCs are spread all over the country, many of them being in undesirable rural areas.
Hello! I was wondering if you could elaborate on the CHCs. What are the benefits of it? Are all the clinical rotations a responsible distance from your assigned CHCs and do you stay there for M3 and M4? What happens with the electives during M4 What resources do the CHCs have? How is the quality of the rotations?

Is anyone willing to make a pro cons list for AT Still-SOMA? I was also wondering if anyone knew more about the school's exams. How are the tests structure, do they have board style questions, how often are they?

Secondary complete 9/5 and radio silence since other than an invitation to that conference. Anyone else still not hear anything?

Secondary complete 9/5 and radio silence since other than an invitation to that conference. Anyone else still not hear anything?
haven't heard a peep. complete since sometime in august