2023-2024 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school give out any merit scholarships or scholarships of any type?

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrew my II hopefully it will go to one of you! Best of luck to all.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an invitation for an in person interview. I have already paid my deposit at PNW and RVU Utah. And words of advice? I have no ties to any of these areas.

Members don't see this ad :)
In-person, OOO II on 3/6. Complete 8/13. Withdrew due to in-state A

Reactions: 3 users
Does this school give out any merit scholarships or scholarships of any type?
They have a portal that helps you find scholarships to apply for, there are a few ATSU scholarships you can apply for based on financial need but I do not think they give merit based scholarships. Doesn’t hurt to ask though.

I know that they said we should hear about post-interview results in 2-4 weeks, but has anyone received their post-interview results sooner? The waiting is killing me lol.

I know that they said we should hear about post-interview results in 2-4 weeks, but has anyone received their post-interview results sooner? The waiting is killing me lol.

I interviewed 2/16 and heard back less than a week later on 2/21.
They told us on my interview day to expect results in 2-3 weeks and it’s okay to reach out if you don’t hear back by then.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed 2/16 and heard back less than a week later on 2/21.
They told us on my interview day to expect results in 2-3 weeks and it’s okay to reach out if you don’t hear back by then.
If you’re comfortable sharing, what was their decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Interviewing tomorrow and from OOS. Read through the thread and was wondering if we need to bring anything special to the interview, such as a resume?

Hi everyone! Interviewing tomorrow and from OOS. Read through the thread and was wondering if we need to bring anything special to the interview, such as a resume?
Nope, just your ID and anything else you want! I was glad I brought just a small bag to keep my lip balm and wallet, anything bigger would’ve just been a hassle

Got the call with the IS A :) Interviewed 3/11, very fast turn around!

Reactions: 4 users
OOS A today! (got the call around 1pm EST), interviewed on (3/4). Did anyone else get an email the same day or did it come later?

Reactions: 3 users
OOS A today! (got the call around 1pm EST), interviewed on (3/4). Did anyone else get an email the same day or did it come later?
Congrats. We interviewed same day (3/4). I got the email same day as OOS A call (3/15), but I think bc they wanted to confirm some of my pre-reqs.

Anyone else considering this school?

Last edited:
Current OMS-IV here! If anyone is interested in housing, there's a 3 bedroom (1 is occupied by a student already) house about 9 minutes from campus in a really safe part of town too. DM if you're interested. Ideally females only

Congrats. We interviewed same day (3/4). I got the email same day as OOS A call (3/15), but I think bc they wanted to confirm some of my pre-reqs.

Anyone else considering this school?
Waiting on a decision from Geisinger but otherwise this is my only offer at this point and I'm taking it.

Current OMS-IV here! If anyone is interested in housing, there's a 3 bedroom (1 is occupied by a student already) house about 9 minutes from campus in a really safe part of town too. DM if you're interested. Ideally females only
Would you be willing to share your experience as a student at ATSU?

Hard decision but withdrawing my A from here. hope it goes to one of yall, good luck

Reactions: 2 users
This might be a dumb question, but are the deposits binding? Like if I submitted the deposits and get off the waitlist for a different school and choose to go there instead, can I do that?

This might be a dumb question, but are the deposits binding? Like if I submitted the deposits and get off the waitlist for a different school and choose to go there instead, can I do that?
Yes you can do that. Its non-binding but the deposit is non-refundable if that makes sense

Do you think if I ask admissions about it they could rescind my acceptance?
No, they can't rescind your offer just because you ask. But you know that they know how this game works. You can ask for an extension and the worst they can tell you is "no". In that case you just have to decide whether or not to pay the admissions deposit by the 2-week deadline set in your admissions contract. Like whatsupdoc28 said, it's non-binding but it's non-refundable.

OOS A! Interviewed 3/15

Is it too late to be interviewing here? My interview is scheduled for April. Does anyone know if they said their class was full?

Is it too late to be interviewing here? My interview is scheduled for April. Does anyone know if they said their class was full?

They didn’t say it was full(at least when I interviewed earlier this month) and it seems like a lot of people are still getting accepted!

They didn’t say it was full(at least when I interviewed earlier this month) and it seems like a lot of people are still getting accepted!
i just got an email saying that their class is full pending seat deposits and i would be interviewing for a waitlist position…

i just got an email saying that their class is full pending seat deposits and i would be interviewing for a waitlist position…
I got the same thing too and its making me nervous. Does anyone if there is a lot of waitlist movement at this school? And if you are placed on the waitlist if it's first come first serve basis or if there is a ranking?

I got the same thing too and its making me nervous. Does anyone if there is a lot of waitlist movement at this school? And if you are placed on the waitlist if it's first come first serve basis or if there is a ranking?
i wish they’d offer the interviews to be virtual, kinda ****ty to drop $$$ on travel expenses to attend an interview for a spot on the waitlist

i wish they’d offer the interviews to be virtual, kinda ****ty to drop $$$ on travel expenses to attend an interview for a spot on the waitlist
I agree with this take, but also props to them for the transparency. A lot of schools wouldn’t even disclose that

I'm not sure but I think some people have interviewed virtually. At this point it wouldn't be at all unreasonable to request such accommodations.

I got the same thing too and it’s making me nervous. Does anyone if there is a lot of waitlist movement at this school? And if you are placed on the waitlist if it's first come first serve basis or if there is a ranking?
Mind if I ask your stats and when you applied?

I'm not sure but I think some people have interviewed virtually. At this point it wouldn't be at all unreasonable to request such accommodations.
They aren’t doing virtual for anyone this cycle because then it wouldn’t be fair for all the people that already interviewed in person that also requested one.

Not really sure how it’s so horrible of them to have been transparent so people DONT potentially waste their money. They do have a ton of waitlist movement though so if this is only the start of the waitlist it might still be worth interviewing

Just my two cents but here's my take on the pros/cons of interviewing at this point:
1) You take the interview
- Pro: You may be accepted and taking the offer saves you the expense (and effort) of reapplying. If you don't make it off the waitlist you're at least in a good position with this school for the next cycle.
-Con: You don't make it off the waitlist and you lose the travel expense in addition to the cost of reapplying.
2) You don't take the interview
-Pro: Save the money you would've spent on travel and put it towards reapplying.
-Con: No chance at acceptance that would save you from having to reapply.

I don't think it's too late to interview now but that's for you to decide. I sympathize with anyone in this position and wish you the best.