2023-2024 CA University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As a heads up to everyone, when I clicked on the payment section on the main page it did not register my FAP for the waiver BUT when I entered all my essays and went to submit through that option, it did waive the fee and confirmed my secondary was submitted.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 IS secondary.

I read something that CUSM lost accreditation, is that true?
I'd be interested in knowing where you read or heard this. We recently received full accreditation as a university through WASC and we are currently under "preliminary accreditation status" from LCME. As a university we are fully accredited, but as a medical school we're almost there. The only thing that matters to you as applicants is if you'll be able to apply for residency and match, and both our first and second classes matched with a 100% match rate :)

Reactions: 3 users
I'd be interested in knowing where you read or heard this. We recently received full accreditation as a university through WASC and we are currently under "preliminary accreditation status" from LCME. As a university we are fully accredited, but as a medical school we're almost there. The only thing that matters to you as applicants is if you'll be able to apply for residency and match, and both our first and second classes matched with a 100% match rate :)
I read it on another year’s forum. This is great news, thank you!

Wow that's a lot of prompts. Anyone else feeling a bit burned out?

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
"If given the opportunity to attend medical school, where would you see yourself in ten years?"

is this referring to 10 years after medical school? or assuming this is pretty much straight out of residency?

"If given the opportunity to attend medical school, where would you see yourself in ten years?"

is this referring to 10 years after medical school? or assuming this is pretty much straight out of residency?
I am assuming 10 years from now? So four years of medical school, three years of residency, and maybe some fellowship. Basically, where and what are you going to be practicing.

Anyone else waiting for a secondary?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone still waiting on secondary IS?

Reactions: 2 users
anyone still waiting on secondary IS?
yep. I was on the phone with admissions office today about a foreign transcript thing, they said they have a massive backlog of files to review, and only just started the process, so I wouldnt stress too much

There's no place to write about gap year plans and I didn't yet have my new job when I submitted my primary so I don't have it there - any ideas on how to include that on my application? I heard they don't take update letters post secondary-submission as well so I'm kind of stumped.

There's no place to write about gap year plans and I didn't yet have my new job when I submitted my primary so I don't have it there - any ideas on how to include that on my application? I heard they don't take update letters post secondary-submission as well so I'm kind of stumped.
I don't know how long you've been working there but there are so many prompts, it seems like you can incorporate it into one of them at least. Ie "When I began my new job at ___, I initially found it difficult to work with ___, but..." for the teamwork one, etc.

Kinda late posting but received IS secondary 8/10 :) And yes I'm dying do not want to answer these. Last secondary I have to work on at the moment and agree this long one is evil at this stage lol

Yep, still stuck on two that I'm writing. Why are there so many?? ugh

Does this school screen? I still haven’t gotten a secondary :0

Got a secondary with a 505.

Reactions: 1 users
I hope they’re just slow with sending them out… my primaries were verified late July so

"If you were enrolled in fewer than 12 units/credits for more than 1 semester/2 quarters during your undergraduate education, please provide a brief explanation below. Optional (500 characters)"

just to double-check/ summer semesters don't count, right?

"If you were enrolled in fewer than 12 units/credits for more than 1 semester/2 quarters during your undergraduate education, please provide a brief explanation below. Optional (500 characters)"

just to double-check/ summer semesters don't count, right?
hey chopper pretty sure you're already a doctor :thumbup:

• Haha
anyone else still waiting for a secondary? (*submitted day one), not sure if I should reach out

Last edited:
I don’t think there’s an mcat screen bc I got secondary with <506
They want your money probably.

"An MCAT score, no more than 3 years old, is required. An MCAT score of 506 or above is preferred.

MCAT average for the MD Class of 2025 is 513."

Has anyone had trouble with the payment? I've tried multiple cards and it's saying Declined each time

Has anyone had trouble with the payment? I've tried multiple cards and it's saying Declined each time
Same. Tried different cards, regular chrome window vs incognito window, cleared my cache... Portal must be down

Submission working for anyone? I'm still gettin the "Your Payment Was Declined!" error

I reached out to admissions, they are having issues with the portal and will let us know when it's resolved

while its down, anyone down to read over essays? lol
I'm always happy to read over your secondaries if anyone needs extra feedback! I'm currently in rotations but I know submitting these is time sensitive so I'll do my best to respond quickly!

• Love
  • Care
Still having the "Your payment has been declined" error. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Still having the "Your payment has been declined" error. Hopefully they fix it soon.
I’ll let y’all know when they email me back, they said they would let me know when it’s fixed 🤞 Hopefully they email everyone