2023-2024 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know if they are releasing decisions today?
I am wondering the same thing. Did anyone who interviewed in January get an admissions decision. Whether an acceptance or put on hold these last 2 weeks. This thread has been very quiet since December.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I was wondering if it is normal to receive feedback post interview that you need to be re-interviewed by 2 additional people? Has anyone else gotten this feedback?
I don't know how normal it is, but this happened to me after I was waitlisted and then I was accepted after the reinterview earlier this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
I am wondering the same thing. Did anyone who interviewed in January get an admissions decision. Whether an acceptance or put on hold these last 2 weeks. This thread has been very quiet since December.

I interviewed in January and was told today to re-interview with 2 more people.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know how normal it is, but this happened to me after I was waitlisted and then I was accepted after the reinterview earlier this cycle.

Congratulations and thanks for the feedback!

IS. I was interviewed in January and was put on hold a week ago.

IS. I was interviewed in January and was put on hold a week ago.
I was put on hold in October and am shocked that not a single person reported an acceptance for January. I'm sure I'm just holding onto false hope but did they even give out acceptance calls on January 30th?

I was put on hold in October and am shocked that not a single person reported an acceptance for January. I'm sure I'm just holding onto false hope but did they even give out acceptance calls on January 30th?
Its hard to discern since not everyone is on SDN. Definitely not an email that I wanted to receive, but don't lose hope. We can only do our best to show the admissions our potentials. A friend from medical school shared with me that some of the doctors she shadowed were ultimately accepted from the waitlist.

I got the 4 questions but nothing since then. When you got the II did you also get more questions? Congrats!! If you don't mind sharing what was your LM?
Thanks! I got an invite to fill out the supplemental in the same email as the II. LM 75

Members don't see this ad :)
Has any of the accepted students received the SOARS access email that was supposed to come on the 1st?

OOS pre-II R just now. worked there and did years of research and volunteering there im so appalled rn

OOS pre-II rejection. Got the email twice for extra pain added to injury. Good luck to those still in the game.

Does anyone have info about the size/dynamics of the "high hold" list for the MSTP?

I'm guessing tomorrow is the last committee before they make the waitlist (Since this one's being done earlier in the month and last year, the waitlist came out March 27th). I'm feeling pretty anxious myself. Good luck everyone.

Hello! I'm out of state and when we interviewed they told us that the committee was meeting today (3/12) and would contact people today after the meeting is over. They did warn that it would be pretty late in the day (after 5 pm)

Reactions: 1 users
Got the phone call. Interviewed 3/1.

Reactions: 1 users
On Hold email just now. 😔 Was invited to reinterview at Feb 27th meeting.

I guess MUSC does not accept FAP
That happened last cycle for me too. MUSC didn’t let me waive my secondary fee on the grounds that because they are a state-funded institution in South Carolina, they do not abide by any federal or national institution regulations. Also, two days later, an admissions official told me over email reply back in the September of the 2022-2023 cycle to my admissions questions that I’m probably not gonna get an II cuz I was an OOS student. And I didn’t get an official rejection email from them until 6 months later into the cycle on March 2023.

I was placed on the waitlist just now. I’m OOS if that helps anyone.

Has anyone sent a LOI here if waitlisted? I saw on the website that they don’t accept application updates, but they didn’t say anything about letters of interest or intent?