2023-2024 Florida International (FIU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS R

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS pre-II R, complete in September. The email also stated “the 2023-2024 admissions cycle is now closed.”

Reactions: 1 user
Why was this rejection lowkey rude🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Why was this rejection lowkey rude🤣
You know who has the nicest rejection letter? FAU, I was rejected last year and kept the email because it was just so nicely worded 😂🥲

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they done interviewing? When do they pull from waitlist? Do they have a long WL? Does it get movement? When? Thanks!!!

Reactions: 3 users
This school just sent me their email for Graduate Certificate in Molecular and Biomedical Sciences… which gets you an interview for next cycle! If anyone wants to look into that and is interested!

Anyone still waiting for decision (A/WL/R) post I! ?

Last edited:
Anyone know the waitlist statistics for this school? Im 3/3 on MD interviews to waitlists and im very frustrated

This school just sent me their email for Graduate Certificate in Molecular and Biomedical Sciences… which gets you an interview for next cycle! If anyone wants to look into that and is interested!
It's ~$24,000 and most students have to take out a personal loan to pay for it.

Anyone accepted today? Phone call or email for the A?

Anyone have any clue how much WL movement FIU has? The initial email mentioned that as spots open they'll start moving people off it but I was curious if anyone has any info from previous applicants or anything.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have any clue how much WL movement FIU has? The initial email mentioned that as spots open they'll start moving people off it but I was curious if anyone has any info from previous applicants or anything.
According to AMCAS, FIU puts 200 people on the WL last year and only accepted around 20. But from last year's thread, most people said waitlist movement happened around May 1st.

According to AMCAS, FIU puts 200 people on the WL last year and only accepted around 20. But from last year's thread, most people said waitlist movement happened around May 1st.
I've heard the data from that report is a few years off though? Not sure - I was looking at admit.org to try and piece some stuff together but the numbers there seem vastly different. I guess again there's no way to guess what will happen and only time will tell.

I've heard the data from that report is a few years off though? Not sure - I was looking at admit.org to try and piece some stuff together but the numbers there seem vastly different. I guess again there's no way to guess what will happen and only time will tell.
What did those numbers say?

Does anyone roughly know when financial aid information / scholarship awards are made available? Or is that done on a more rolling basis?

What did those numbers say?
Admit.org says 414 interviews and 278 admits but again not sure where their data comes from.
I checked MSAR and it said 200-250 are put on waitlist, and 70 people got pulled from it and are granted acceptances. waitlist remains active until orientation. hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Does FIU give merit scholarships and if so, anyone know when they notify the selected students?

Does FIU give merit scholarships and if so, anyone know when they notify the selected students?
idk what their scholarship schedule is but i received one mid march that i assume was merit based