2023-2024 Florida International (FIU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who already interviewed and received their decisions, around how long did it take them to get back to you?

Members don't see this ad :)
are you OOS? A lot of OOS applicants haven't heard much yet. I was complete in August and still waiting for communication lol
I'm instate (literally live 20 mins away from here) and haven't heard anything 😩

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
went to FIU, graduated honors college w a high gpa and good MCAT, got a committee letter from FIU health and was rated very highly recommend. Great experience in the OR + volunteer work. And they wait list me. L o l

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
went to FIU, graduated honors college w a high gpa and good MCAT, got a committee letter from FIU health and was rated very highly recommend. Great experience in the OR + volunteer work. And they wait list me. L o l
It’s possible they yield protected you if you are IS with a high MCAT(517/518+). They know you would probably go to another IS school or perhaps even a better OOS private school.

Noooooo! I'm manifesting an A for you! 🤞

Members don't see this ad :)
The waitlist is brutal. I feel you. I have no idea how many of us they’re gonna pull off of it

For those waitlisted, did you receive a call from them, or just an email?

Expecting to find out as early as this week 😬

In the exact same situation. Took months to get over it but we out here

Reactions: 1 users
In the exact same situation. Took months to get over it but we out here

I thought I had a pretty solid app and it looks like ima need to reapply. It sucks And happens but we all got this and are going to be better physicians for it and will achieve our dreams

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrawing my A, Hoping it goes out to one of yall! Good luck guys!

Reactions: 5 users
just emailed asking for a status update and they said they haven't reviewed my app yet. OOS complete 08/22

just emailed asking for a status update and they said they haven't reviewed my app yet. OOS complete 08/22
I emailed asking them that a couple of weeks ago and never got a reply haha IS complete in September

I emailed asking them that a couple of weeks ago and never got a reply haha IS complete in September
u should try emailing again they responded in like 35 mins

Has anyone who was considered complete in late August received an interview invite???

u should try emailing again they responded in like 35 mins
update: I just got a response from FIU admissions email and they said they already reviewed my app but no sign of pre-II rejection or interview....

Reactions: 2 users
In state, surprising for me because I sent 3 update + interest letters
I am IS applicant as well and have sent 2 update letters but I asked them if I can send a letter of interest and they said sure

In state, surprising for me because I sent 3 update + interest letters
I’m IS too and an FIU alumnus, but I was complete in September. My app hasn’t been reviewed yet. I send them 3 update/interest letters too.

At this point, it feels like any II we get is for a WL spot. When do they stop interviewing?

I’m IS too and an FIU alumnus, but I was complete in September. My app hasn’t been reviewed yet. I send them 3 update/interest letters too.

At this point, it feels like any II we get is for a WL spot. When do they stop interviewing?

I was also complete September so I will assume mine may have not been reviewed yet as well and I was told end of March

I was also complete September so I will assume mine may have not been reviewed yet as well and I was told end of March
Bro I take back what I said earlier about my application not being reviewed because I just reread the email and they told me that my application has been reviewed.

Since my mine has been reviewed, I’m assuming that yours should be reviewed shortly too. At this stage of the cycle, I feel like no news is good news.

Does anyone know if HWCOM sent any pre-II Rs?

• Dislike
Any idea when II are done being sent out?

Reactions: 2 users