2023-2024 Florida International (FIU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same with FSU. I haven't seen January interviews reported for both FSU and FIU.
Exactly. Both are my targets yet I have no clue what’s going on.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if FIU has orthopedic surgery home program or what home program specialties are available?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current student provide insights into structure of classes? Are most of the classes recorded and allow to be watched from homne, or do they tend to have mandatory attendance in-person? Also was wondering regarding frequency of exams (weekly vs after blocks)? Thanks!

Can any current student provide insights into structure of classes? Are most of the classes recorded and allow to be watched from homne, or do they tend to have mandatory attendance in-person? Also was wondering regarding frequency of exams (weekly vs after blocks)? Thanks!
They changed the curriculum, so a first year will need to confirm. But for upperclassmen, our live lectures were recorded and able to be watched later, few were mandatory. We did have mandatory clinical skills/humanities 1-2x/week in the afternoon. Each course had a midterm and final, usually every 2-4 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
is fiu gaining baptist facilities as a primary teaching hospital for students or will M3s as of right now still have to rotate around multiple clinical sites? randomly saw it on the news. i know theyre building a hospital with baptist on fiu grounds, but idk if that's the transition they were talking about
M4 here, I believe there will be a slow transition to using primarily Baptist for rotations. Baptist hospitals were already major rotation sites for us, but this new partnership is exciting because it should also result in the creation of some home residency programs. It has not been announced if we will stop sending rotators to other locations, but I doubt we would shift 100% to Baptist. FIU has a lot of strong relationships with other hospitals that provide us with unique experiences, which I think would be a shame to lose.

Does anyone know if FIU has orthopedic surgery home program or what home program specialties are available?
No, there is not an orthopedic surgery home program. Currently, I believe there is only a primary care internal medicine residency program, but the new partnership with Baptist will likely result in the establishment of more specialty programs.

In state interview invite received today. 508 mcat, 3.7 gpa
My first invite of the cycle. Completed secondaries late—mid September

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS (from Florida but living in a diff state currently) A received today !! Interviewed 1/9 LM score: 68.30!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
do u guys think more OOS IIs are going to go out soon?

Has for those who have gotten II, did your status on the application portal change? I’m still on the “your application is ready”

Has for those who have gotten II, did your status on the application portal change? I’m still on the “your application is ready”
I am accepted and that’s what mine says. Don’t think they update that.

IS, second II. Better late than never I guess? Good luck to all

Reactions: 4 users
Can any current students provide some insight into attendance requirements for M1/M2 year? I understand that most lectures are available online, but how many days per week are we typically required to show up at campus for lab work/group activities and exams?

IS II. Did not send any updates. Completed secondary on 8/7. Applied to all Florida programs and this is my first Florida II (have received 2 OOS MD interviews followed by waitlists and DO acceptances).

IS II. Did not send any updates. Completed secondary on 8/7. Applied to all Florida programs and this is my first Florida II (have received 2 OOS MD interviews followed by waitlists and DO acceptances).
mcat?

same but august, i wonder when they start sending OOS IIs....
I got an OOS II in August. Granted n=1 and I’m waitlisted lmao, but they have been sending them out im pretty sure. Keep the faith, I’m sure one is coming for yall soon

They sent me an email today about there Master's program, is that a soft R 🤔