2023-2024 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we know when schools are going to start sending out financial aid packages and stuff?
its delayed this year because fafsa decided to renovate during our application cycle

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! MS1 at GW.

Haven’t been on SDN since my late acceptance to GW on May 3rd last year. I know all the emotion you all are going through choosing what school to attend next year or waiting on if medical school is in your August 2024 plans.

If GW is your top choice, I highly recommend emailing admissions with significant updates through the portal. I personally sent 4 between February when I was put on the waitlist until my acceptance in May.

Overall, I really have enjoyed my time here and am happy to answer any questions you all may have. This MS1 class that you will be entering after is a veryy tight knit group of great people. We will run your orientation week and everyone will get a mentor/mentee!!

I know it can feel impossible, but deep breath if you are still on the waitlist. Gap year(s) can be frustrating but truly, once you entering this medical student/residency/attending pipeline, there is no turning back. Find ways to spend time with your loved ones and experience the world - whether you get that A or are put on hold one more year.

Finally, for accepted students, catch me at the GW run club table at second look this week!

Reactions: 4 users
Any current students at GW — (or anyone really) — what is the current step 2 average?

Arlington is just two or three stops away on the metro, about ten minutes, and the Foggy Bottom stop is right in front of the med school. So it’s definitely very doable and convenient to live in Arlington or Clarendon near the metro stop there.

Members don't see this ad :)
these next 2 weeks will decide where i will for the next 4 years of my life...

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew A today, main campus. Truly sad about it but you will see my application again GW for residency.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users