2023-2024 Washington State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed with this school of medicine last year, got waitlisted and ultimately rejected. I submitted my secondary in early July and this time around I still haven't heard anything. I'm wondering, does WSU choose to interview reapplicants later in the cycle or am I just the unluckiest applicant alive?

PS. My application was significantly improved in terms of writing (where they said I lacked the most), experience, volunteering, and a publication.

Let me know your thoughts.

- A very anxious reapplicant

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed with this school of medicine last year, got waitlisted and ultimately rejected. I submitted my secondary in early July and this time around I still haven't heard anything. I'm wondering, does WSU choose to interview reapplicants later in the cycle or am I just the unluckiest applicant alive?

PS. My application was significantly improved in terms of writing (where they said I lacked the most), experience, volunteering, and a publication.

I’m in the same boat. I got an II two weeks after completing my app last year in October and I submitted in august this year with radio silence. Waiting for the R at this point

Just got a call 30 minutes ago to set up a Zoom meeting with the Dean...? Interviewed in October. Is this like a 1on1 meeting for anyone that got this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call 30 minutes ago to set up a Zoom meeting with the Dean...? Interviewed in October. Is this like a 1on1 meeting for anyone that got this?
My understanding is this is your acceptance meeting with the Dean. Congrats!!!

What date in October? Could you please share your Stats?

My understanding is this is your acceptance meeting with the Dean. Congrats!!!
Are you sure if this is an indication of acceptance? Is this going to be one on one with the Dean? Anyways i am still waiting for this call, email from WSU.

Have all of the December calls gone out already? I interviewed 10/9 and thought I might hear back this month, but not sure if it is still too early? I got the eligible email 11/1

II today 12/20/23. The two days available when I was scheduling were Feb 12 and 19.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think this was the last round of interview invites since they end in Feb? Still holding out hope but it seems like it’s grim.

still hoping they reach out to me with some sort of decision, it's been radio silence since my submission in september

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R from my undergrad school, this one hurts 🥺

• Care
IS II mid-December, Interview coming up in early February. Does anyone have any tips they are able to share?

Just got the call to schedule a zoom-call with the dean tomorrow! Interviewed 12/1

Received the 'eligible' email this morning! Interviewed in early January. Does anyone know if calls and 'eligible' emails can come on the same day or if the earliest you can receive a call is the next offer date?

Got the call earlier this morning as well to meet with the dean. Interviewed in September!! Truly thought I was done for until today. So beyond happy and relieved.

I’m in the same boat. I got an II two weeks after completing my app last year in October and I submitted in august this year with radio silence. Waiting for the R at this point

I was also a reapplicant, interviewed and ultimately rejected the last time. Followed up with the school to get feedback, reapplied with two more years of clinical experience and better letters and got rejected with no II. I guess you have to get in the first time.

• Care
Received the eligible email this morning and just now received a call to meet with the dean!!!

just got a call requesting me to meet with the vice dean. What does this mean? Do i need to prepare anything lol?

feeling hopeless about receiving a phone call from wsu at this point though congrats to everyone who did!

Just got off zoom with the Dean for my acceptance! Interviewed 2/6. Pleasantly surprised they got back to me this fast compared to some other schools haha

Got the A! Got an email a few days ago and it's showing in my portal. No phone call or zoom call for me tho, happy to get into my #1 choice!

Has anyone who interviewed on 2/12, still waiting to hear back? Seems like the admissions committee didn't contact anyone this week.

Had my interview 2/2. Received an email 2/26 stating I was "eligible" for acceptance as their mini update. Have not heard anything else yet. Getting nervous!

Last edited: