2023-2024 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From my understanding PTE and CTE are different things— PTE you just select one school on AAMC but may still be on waitlists. Commit to enroll you actually go directly to a school and pay their deposit, etc. Please correct me if I’m wrong..

Correct. And prior to 4/30 an applicant may PTE while holding more than one acceptance. According to AAMC protocols, after 4/30 an applicant who’s PTE for a school may hold only one acceptance and an unlimited number of waitlist spots.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has MCG said anything about extending the PTE deadline? One of the schools I was accepted at extended theirs due to FAFSA delays and such.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Has MCG said anything about extending the PTE deadline? One of the schools I was accepted at extended theirs due to FAFSA delays and such.
Not that I'm aware of. I think extending the PTE deadline would be hard since I think almost every school follows the April 30th deadline, so even if one school extends it, other schools who didn't and can see your info might think you didn't narrow down when you were supposed to.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So still no updates regarding accepted students’ campus assignments?

Do you guys think you’ll commit without knowing campus assignment?

Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys think you’ll commit without knowing campus assignment?

Commit? Nah. I’ll have to PTE though. I have more than one acceptance and by tomorrow I have to narrow down to one.

Commit? Nah. I’ll have to PTE though. I have more than one acceptance and by tomorrow I have to narrow down to one.
I wonder how this affects ppl like you, holding more than one acceptance. It’s really hard to narrow down when the curriculums are different, the locations (although in the same state) are also wildly different… Hard to make an informed decision. Hoping for the best for y’all

I wonder how this affects ppl like you, holding more than one acceptance. It’s really hard to narrow down when the curriculums are different, the locations (although in the same state) are also wildly different… Hard to make an informed decision. Hoping for the best for y’all

I also wonder how it’s going to work out I called Admin about it today and explained the situation. All they said is that they’re aware it’s a challenging situation for applicants who have more than one acceptance, they understand we have to narrow down to one single acceptance by tomorrow’s deadline, and they understand how difficult it is to refuse other acceptance offers when a campus assignment has not been finalized.

They assured me they are actively working on assignments and will keep applicants posted about new assignments ASAP (by updating the secondary portal and sending details via email).

I did take comfort when the admissions counselor said that historically they’re able to accommodate more than 90% of early/regular decision’s first preference for campus. No guarantees, of course (especially considering there’s a third campus location).

I also wonder how it’s going to work out I called Admin about it today and explained the situation. All they said is that they’re aware it’s a challenging situation for applicants who have more than one acceptance, they understand we have to narrow down to one single acceptance by tomorrow’s deadline, and they understand how difficult it is to refuse other acceptance offers when a campus assignment has not been finalized.

They assured me they are actively working on assignments and will keep applicants posted about new assignments ASAP (by updating the secondary portal and sending details via email).

I did take comfort when the admissions counselor said that historically they’re able to accommodate more than 90% of early/regular decision’s first preference for campus. No guarantees, of course (especially considering there’s a third campus location).
I wonder if no one wanted the Savannah campus or if mcg sent out more As than they have spots? I really can’t think of anything else that would be causing this much of a delay—like at this point just assign people something???

I wonder if no one wanted the Savannah campus or if mcg sent out more As than they have spots? I really can’t think of anything else that would be causing this much of a delay—like at this point just assign people something???
Conspiracy theory: maybe they know they’re in high demand and want people that truly want MCG for the school regardless of assignments to commit.

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who have not received campus assignments, what are you guys doing about housing? I’m nervous that there won’t be any housing left when I get an assignment

It sounds like a lot of what has occurred this cycle is unprecedented compared to prior years’ cycles (based on previous year SDN threads), but for the WL peeps, As have rolled out starting May 1st off the WL in the past. How much of an impact, if any, are we thinking the campus assignment issue will play a role in when WL movement starts?

It sounds like a lot of what has occurred this cycle is unprecedented compared to prior years’ cycles (based on previous year SDN threads), but for the WL peeps, As have rolled out starting May 1st off the WL in the past. How much of an impact, if any, are we thinking the campus assignment issue will play a role in when WL movement starts?
Idk if it will affect movement since people still have to narrow down to one A by today but WL ppl taken off the WL might be waiting for campus assignments extra long

For people accepted or WL has MCG reached out to any of your guy’s LOR or activity contacts?

I'd be surprised if they reach out to many. If they do reach out to any, it's probably either a random audit or something about your application made them want clarification.

anyone still waiting on campus assignments today?

Just got an A off the waitlist 11:47 am. Got another email at 11:50 am with Savannah campus assignment. I really hope this isn't a prank.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Just got an A off the waitlist 11:47 am. Got another email at 11:50 am with Savannah campus assignment. I really hope this isn't a prank.
Omg!!! It’s starting!! Congratulations 🎉 manifesting an A soon 🙏🏼🙏🏼

I assume maybe they’ve finished campus assignments for everyone else then? or maybe they’re moving to WL without finishing?
Honestly I feel they'll fill the seats first before focusing on campus assignments cause more important for them than anything is filling the seats probably

Was savannah your first choice? & did you have to accept the offer before they told you campus assignment?

• Hmm
Honestly I feel they'll fill the seats first before focusing on campus assignments cause more important for them than anything is filling the seats probably
I assumed so too, but that person got their campus assignment already

I assumed so too, but that person got their campus assignment already
Savannah campus seems like they’re being very selective with students they choose based on what they said at the tour. They said they’re choosing based on commitment to community service. Maybe that could be factoring into the delays and the student who just got off the WL was a perfect match for their mission. Thats what I’m assuming. At this point I’m just waiting and praying for good news soon.

Was savannah your first choice? & did you have to accept the offer before they told you campus assignment?
I put my preferences as Augusta, Savannah, then Athens, but I did write a short sentence about how I would be happy to study at any of the campuses. I got the campus assignment 3 minutes after the acceptance email, and I haven't sent them my acceptance yet.

I put my preferences as Augusta, Savannah, then Athens, but I did write a short sentence about how I would be happy to study at any of the campuses. I got the campus assignment 3 minutes after the acceptance email, and I haven't sent them my acceptance yet.
Do you mind sharing your stats?

Do you mind sharing your stats?
Thank you! Savannah was my 2nd choice on the form.
3.76 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA.
507 mcat first attempt, 514 mcat second (126,131,128,129)
cookie cutter clinical hours, shadowing etc,

I definitely think that my community service/leadership things in college was the strongest part of my app, so maybe that's why Savannah took me?

Reactions: 4 users
3.76 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA.

I definitely think that my community service/leadership things in college was the strongest part of my app, so maybe that's why Savannah took me?
Also when did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?

3.76 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA.

congrats again! I’m surprised that they sent you the assignment before you accepted it, but that’s nice to know where you’re going!

I feel like I'm losing my mind :rofl: been waiting for May to come and now that it's almost here the anticipation is 100x worse
you're not alone. All this waiting since september has me going through highs and lows. sometimes im extremely hopeful and other days i think the worst

• Care
I feel like I'm losing my mind :rofl: been waiting for May to come and now that it's almost here the anticipation is 100x worse
you're not alone. All this waiting since september has me going through highs and lows. sometimes im extremely hopeful and other days i think the worst
it’s hard, too, because it’s quite literally all i think abt is this and we might not hear tomorrow or even next week, it could still be a while. and it’s so hard to plan for anything bc we have no clue where we’ll be going (or in my case, w 2 WLs & no As, if i’ll be going anywhere). i get that the obsession isn’t healthy for us but i feel like this whole process has filtered for people who have obsessive personalities lol. i just hope we all get in & know peace for a few weeks before we never know peace again

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
it’s hard, too, because it’s quite literally all i think abt is this and we might not hear tomorrow or even next week, it could still be a while. and it’s so hard to plan for anything bc we have no clue where we’ll be going (or in my case, w 2 WLs & no As, if i’ll be going anywhere). i get that the obsession isn’t healthy for us but i feel like this whole process has filtered for people who have obsessive personalities lol. i just hope we all get in & know peace for a few weeks before we never know peace again
Hopefully, the fact that there was one (reported) WL movement today is a good sign that it'll continue into the next few days and we won't have to wait too long. All of the campus assignments not being out *could* delay it, but I think filling the open seats is their first priority (especially since they've exaggerated the point that WLed students have to be okay with being assigned to any campus, so they don't have to stress about getting those assignments out just yet). At this point, I'd be perfectly happy at any one of the campuses--I just want to be accepted!!

Hopefully, the fact that there was one (reported) WL movement today is a good sign that it'll continue into the next few days and we won't have to wait too long. All of the campus assignments not being out *could* delay it, but I think filling the open seats is their first priority (especially since they've exaggerated the point that WLed students have to be okay with being assigned to any campus, so they don't have to stress about getting those assignments out just yet). At this point, I'd be perfectly happy at any one of the campuses--I just want to be accepted!!
I feel that. Happy with any campus at this point!