2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 6 weeks and 1 day ago, lol. Admissions say the decision is usually w/in 6 weeks. Is this cause for concern?

Having reread this almost immediately, I realize I'm being neurotic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 6 weeks and 1 day ago, lol. Admissions say the decision is usually w/in 6 weeks. Is this cause for concern?

Not a cause for concern at all. 6 weeks is an estimate that they give, but sometimes it can take a shorter or longer time for them to send out a decision. For me, I didn't hear back from them until 8 weeks following my interview

Anyone know if they are still sending out II's? My app was complete 9/26 and I still have 4 bars (application complete and under review by the ad com). IS applicant

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if they are still sending out II's? My app was complete 9/26 and I still have 4 bars (application complete and under review by the ad com). IS applicant
Same! I’m OOS though

Reactions: 1 user

I was accepted last year and had to wait 7 weeks. There were people on here who interviewed the same day as me and heard back sooner. No idea why it’s so variable, but definitely not cause for concern.

I feel like there will be a big wave of decisions soon. It's been 3 weeks for me.. and if you're at 6 weeks then they must be having a committee meeting soon, otherwise they are going to get backed up.

I could definitely be overthinking it tho lol

1/17 interview. being delulu hoping I will hear today since someone else heard in 2 weeks

When I interviewed all the girls who took us on a tour were wearing the exact same shoes. They were like a business loafer. Can anyone tell me what the shoe is? Obviously I need it if I'm going here lol!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just moved to 7 bars 😅

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when they stop giving out II? Been at 4 bars since October..... starting to lose hope

Reactions: 5 users
Have not received official acceptance yet, but my portal has the options to "withdrawal after offer," which I saw @AFilmDoctor mention means an acceptance is coming :eek:.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Have not received official acceptance yet, but my portal has the options to "withdrawal after offer," which I saw @AFilmDoctor mention means an acceptance is coming :eek:.
All signs are pointing towards the coveted A. They typically update the portal first (around early afternoon) before sending an email saying that an update has been made. Nonetheless, things are looking good for you

GOT THE A!! I'm so happy I could (I did) cry 😭

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
All signs are pointing towards the coveted A. They typically update the portal first (around early afternoon) before sending an email saying that an update has been made. Nonetheless, things are looking good for you
Just got the A, so I am inclined to agree lol thank you for being so active in this thread.

• Love
Anyone know if there's an accepted students groupchat around yet?

i applied Aug 2023 and just got an II scheduled for 2/16.
Interview questions? How long is their response time post interview? Also anyone have an estimate on the post interview acceptance rate?

IS, 501, 3.45sGPA, 3.82cGPA.

Thanks

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
i applied Aug 2023 and just got an II scheduled for 2/16.
Interview questions? How long is their response time post interview? Also anyone have an estimate on the post interview acceptance rate?

IS, 501, 3.45sGPA, 3.82cGPA.

Thanks
First off, congrats on getting an II!!

For the interview questions, you should definitely prep yourself on having the answer for the most common questions asked in any medical school interview (e.g., Tell us about yourself? Why do you want to become a physician? Why do you want to come here? Do you have any questions for us?). Furthermore, as PCOM is a DO school, you will also need to have an answer of why you want to be a DO.

Their response time post-interview can vary. They give an estimated time of 4-6 weeks, but it can sometimes take longer for some people. For example, I didn't receive my acceptance until 8 weeks post-interview.

In terms of the post-interview acceptance rate, I am not exactly sure about that value. The important thing is that as long as you show genuine interest in the school and demonstrate through your answers that you're ready to take the next step on the path of becoming a physician, then you'll have a good chance of getting an acceptance.

Best of luck on the interview!!!

Has anyone from 1/17 interview seen portal change or heard anything? Ik it’s early still…just excited/nerv

II offered 1/24.
Interviewed 1/31.
A offered 2/9 - I hit 7 bars this morning and got a call from Philly before any news has hit my inbox (still awaiting the official email, but my portal now has more information)

So right now they're moving pretty fast, as far as I can tell!

Congratulations to everyone who received an A today!!! If you don't mind, can you guys share your stats too, I just want to see my chances of getting in, thanks in advance! :)

Interviewed 1/25, got the A via phone call this morning!

• Love
GOT THE phone call TODAY…. It’s an A!!!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 1/26!!

However, I don’t think I will be attending so I hope it goes to someone else 💜

• Love
Congrats future doctors! For your information, our COMLEX level 1 pass rate is ~96%. This is different from the rate that is currently reflected in our program data. According to one of our curriculum deans, it is subject to change pending the results of a small number of remaining exams, which is why our program data has yet to be updated from last year. I hope you all keep this in mind when deciding where to commit!
I see… I’ve been talking to students (current and alumni) and they’ve mentioned the curriculum being a bit disorganized with consistent changes - along with board rates being 83%. What changes have been made to elicit the 96% you mention? I wonder this because a 96% is a drastic change and if so, that information would be very important considering a lot of us make our decisions in the upcoming weeks. Moreover, the 83% is coming from 2022-2023. To my knowledge, M2 students are currently studying for boards so again, I’m not entirely sure what the 96% is associated with since that would be data for 2023-2024; assuming they took it already which the M2s haven’t yet.

Edit:
Also saw this post being highlighted as well. Ofc Reddit has response bias and isn’t an “end all, be all” but it does warrant a bit of confusion among incoming students to the class. I can also attest that PCOM was my top choice but it is weary to note that the faculty and staff haven’t said anything to incoming students about the changes that are being made or letting us know why the board rates are low (almost looking as if PCOM is a new school). I also understand it’s based on a students effort as well, but that’s also one part of the equation when board rates were dropping before then.

It’s a great, established, and collaborative school, don’t get me wrong. I’d be a fool not to see that but I do believe there are some things not being told to a majority of accepted students which again, makes this choice to put a deposit down extremely confusing or the decision to not want to attend.

Last edited: