2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II received last night, application submitted in late October. Grateful.

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my interview and committed elsewhere ... hopefully it goes to someone just as dedicated and passionate.

Best of luck to everyone! Remember, all roads lead to Rome.

Reactions: 1 users
Sending good vibes to everyone still waiting on that II

Reactions: 8 users
happy new year :) my interview is coming up—is anyone willing to DM a little about theirs? Mine’s in person but either format would be helpful TIA!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Between PCOM, NYITCOM, and CCOM Midwestern, what school would be good to choose?

Hey! I'm a GA resident it's my first time applying to med school and my stats are a little low (495 MCAT 3.5 GPA) , what are my chances of acceptance at PCOM?

Hey! I'm a GA resident it's my first time applying to med school and my stats are a little low (495 MCAT 3.5 GPA) , what are my chances of acceptance at PCOM?
Never say never but from what I have seen their average MCAT was a 505 last year and 10 points is a substantial difference. You have a good GPA but I would probably plan for a retake or apply to the new DO schools

Never say never but from what I have seen their average MCAT was a 505 last year and 10 points is a substantial difference. You have a good GPA but I would probably plan for a retake or apply to the new DO schools
Is it too late to apply to the new DO schools? And what schools are they?

Is it too late to apply to the new DO schools? And what schools are they?

Starting an application right now is too late imo. I would focus on applying the next cycle in june and maybe even consider retaking the MCAT before then

Reactions: 3 users
any word on any II this month ?? or how their roll out of invites has been going? submitted over 6months ago at this point rip.. my stats arent too bad either I thought lol

any word on any II this month ?? or how their roll out of invites has been going? submitted over 6months ago at this point rip.. my stats arent too bad either I thought lol
I called them on the 21st of December and they told me they will be sending interviews through Feb and to be patient lol idk how their schedule works tho

Reactions: 2 users
same here lol. I submitted my app back in August and have been stuck on 4 bars ever since 💀

Reactions: 8 users
I called them on the 21st of December and they told me they will be sending interviews through Feb and to be patient lol idk how their schedule works tho
feb is right around the corner omg scary I pray for an email everyday lmao

If I Had One 08012024025425.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 28 users
happy new year :) my interview is coming up—is anyone willing to DM a little about theirs? Mine’s in person but either format would be helpful TIA!!
Interview was easy, asked about 5-7 questions total, I would say use the opportunity when answering the questions to pull in examples of personal experiences

Anyone have advice for interview day?
Be yourself, breath, the questions are normal medical school questions so just make sure you are prepared but don't sound like a robot. Use opportunity when answering questions to pull in things about you and your experiences. I think they asked about 5-7 questions total

• Care
I would say this I have known people who have gotten in with similar stats, but I would say it might be best to wait and reapply maybe even retake the dreaded mcat again for a little higher score, I don't think you necessarily need a 505 but getting at least a 500 or closer would be nice.

I know same but idk If I will get one bc of stats lol
idk if this means anything but i emailed yesterday and they said they're interviewing through May lmao so idk who is running things in that office but I would love an interview sooner than later haha

Reactions: 5 users
idk if this means anything but i emailed yesterday and they said they're interviewing through May lmao so idk who is running things in that office but I would love an interview sooner than later haha
ahhh thank you for this. I just hate feeling ghosted lol

• Care
primary app. submitted 9/6 | app. complete 9/13... I have yet to hear back and it still says "under review" on the portal...

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have advice on whether or not I should call them to let them know I'm still interested in PCOM, offering to do something to speed along the "review" of my application lol?

primary app. submitted 9/6 | app. complete 9/13... I have yet to hear back and it still says "under review" on the portal...

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have advice on whether or not I should call them to let them know I'm still interested in PCOM, offering to do something to speed along the "review" of my application lol?
I called them and the coordinator of admissions said they are still reviewing applications and to "just wait" :/

The fastest way to get results: Please send me the first 12 digits of your credit card, the expiration date, and the wacky 3 digits on the back :D

But in all seriousness, the adcoms are working hard to go through each application and evaluate them fairly. As there are a lot of applications to go through, it will take some time to hear back. I will say that there is still plenty of time to hear back as I know a good chunk of my classmates that had received an II between this time and later on during last cycle. Hope is not lost at this time and I wish everyone awaiting a response the best!

Does anyone know what the TBQ is, which is listed on the MHQ form? Is this part of the MHQ packet they send us or how do we obtain this form? I finished the TB screening part

Does anyone know what the TBQ is, which is listed on the MHQ form? Is this part of the MHQ packet they send us or how do we obtain this form? I finished the TB screening part
It is used as an alternative test to the normal TB, typically people who have latent TB would do this in lieu of a chest x-ray since they can't get a normal TB without it coming up abnormal each time. If that's not you then u can just do the normal TB testing and it should be fine. I have latent so I have to do the TBQ each time I start a new school or job.

I submitted at the end of June and it still says under review 😭 Maybe it’s because of my stats but I’m wondering if I should send a LOI or something ugh

A!!!! interviewed about 4 weeks ago. LM 69ish

I submitted at the end of June and it still says under review 😭 Maybe it’s because of my stats but I’m wondering if I should send a LOI or something ugh
No fr... I don't get how schools get away with that though because regardless of their stats or their fit for the program or whatever, they spend hundreds of hours on that application, the primary AND secondary, and PAID your fee!!! The very least they could do is send a mass rejection / hold / II type of email. Like that's asking for the bare minimum.. I may call Monday... If I do I'll jump back on here and lyk how it went.

Reactions: 6 users
I called them and the coordinator of admissions said they are still reviewing applications and to "just wait" :/
bruh... but for this long is kinda foul:( like at least send a "you're still under review" mass email or something peeps come on applicants have been through so much to get to this point bare minimum they should let us know...

Any chance you remember the name of the admissions coordinator you spoke with? Maybe I can call and see if another person is there that's a little more loose lipped lol

Reactions: 2 users
bruh... but for this long is kinda foul:( like at least send a "you're still under review" mass email or something peeps come on applicants have been through so much to get to this point bare minimum they should let us know...

Any chance you remember the name of the admissions coordinator you spoke with? Maybe I can call and see if another person is there that's a little more loose lipped lol
I know right. Yes they left me a voice message it was John Hill I believe and this was after I like begged to be forwarded to someone in the admissions not some front desk person that basically told me the same things I already know

• Wow