2023-2024 UT Rio Grande Valley

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When you’re at an in-person interview it’s business formal
In case this is not clear - suit or suit like.

Members don't see this ad.

II earlier today! LM 70, submitted 8/6.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Received an IS II this morning (yay!), but there are no in-person interview dates to select from. I'm considering declining because I'm attending university out of state, and it isn't financially or schedule-wise feasible for me to fly to RG. I've also interviewed at a few other TX schools so far. I really don't want to decline any opportunity but I'm unsure how to figure this out.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received an IS II this morning (yay!), but there are no in-person interview dates to select from. I'm considering declining because I'm attending university out of state, and it isn't financially or schedule-wise feasible for me to fly to RG. I've also interviewed at a few other TX schools so far. I really don't want to decline any opportunity but I'm unsure how to figure this out.
Their in-person portion is a required visit BEFORE you get to have the "real" virtual interviews (two 1:1 interviews).
If you are interested, email them to see about future in-person dates available.
You could choose one in January maybe so you can wait to see what turns out from your other interviews...;)

Just a general question-maybe someone has already looked into this-which month are the most II sent out by Texas schools?

No answer to that question as it’s too general.
Follow this page to see all the dates: The Republic of Texas XLII: You Don't Just Move Into Texas, It Moves Into You
No one knows the most sent by school since the number being issued at a time is not open information.

Issue date is what is being tracked by @wysdoc very methodically. That is the only publicly available information but also dependent on SDN posters revealing that they have received a II when they receive them.

Hey. Just received an II @ 1:30 pm. Went in and was able to select an October date for the in person group interview.

Reactions: 4 users
For those who interviewed, did y'all receive a complete email at all? Or just a "Secondary Application Receipt Confirmation" email?

For those who interviewed, did y'all receive a complete email at all? Or just a "Secondary Application Receipt Confirmation" email?
Haven't interviewed yet, but will in a couple of weeks. I received an email saying "The following is to confirm receipt of your completed Secondary Application - thank you! The Admissions Committee will continue to review your credentials during the next few weeks"

Haven't interviewed yet, but will in a couple of weeks. I received an email saying "The following is to confirm receipt of your completed Secondary Application - thank you! The Admissions Committee will continue to review your credentials during the next few weeks"
Cool, just didn't want to be missing any emails or have my app still pending ya know. I hope you kill that interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent out that I signed up for October 6th, but I could use some asssistance with other interview dates because it was on short notice. And then I get an email saying they just removed me from the listing??? And basically to look out for more dates that may or may not happen

• Okay...
I sent out that I signed up for October 6th, but I could use some asssistance with other interview dates because it was on short notice. And then I get an email saying they just removed me from the listing??? And basically to look out for more dates that may or may not happen
My eye roll emoji was for them, not you @KingF00L

Under the Interview tab of my portal, I clicked under "Parking" where they include a link to print out parking instructions with a map. I wasn't able to print it or even view it, but if any of y'all could share it via an attachment it, that would be great!

Does anyone know how much of your file the interviewers can see for UTRGV? I read that for the two 1:1 interviews, one is open file and one is completely closed. Could anyone confirm this, and does anyone know about the group interviewers? Thanks :)

Did any of you regular posters apply Early Decision?
If so, please DM me about whether or not you have been given a decision yet.
Decisions were supposed to be given to you by October 1.

I am trying to book the group interview but there are no dates available. Does anyone else have this issue?

Most of the TMDSAS schools will just let things drift.
If you have not had an interview by the date you have to rank your schools in February, you will conclude this cycle is over for you.
AACOMAS schools might keep on interviewing until April or May.

Last edited:
II just now! But no dates available to schedule. Hopefully they post new dates soon. It’s my first II so I’m ready to schedule asap haha!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
II just now! But no dates available to schedule. Hopefully they post new dates soon. It’s my first II so I’m ready to schedule asap haha!
congrats on your first! mind giving stats and a quick rundown of stats?

Didn't think I'd ever get to post this
But IS II!!! Complete 8/8/23

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hey do you mean, no “in-person interviews”. Because they have a two step interview process and you can only schedule the virtual interview after signing up for an in-person group interview.

Hey do you mean, no “in-person interviews”. Because they have a two step interview process and you can only schedule the virtual interview after signing up for an in-person group interview.
Right. Just keep emailing them every day and ask them to give you a date

Yeah I meant in person. They emailed me about 30 minutes later with an updated link that had available November in person dates.

Reactions: 1 users
If we get a secondary, does it mean we met the GPA cut-offs? My undergrad GPA is very low but with my masters' GPA factored in I meet the cutoffs. I just want to make sure it's not a waste of money to return the secondary. Thanks y'all! :)

If we get a secondary, does it mean we met the GPA cut-offs? My undergrad GPA is very low but with my masters' GPA factored in I meet the cutoffs. I just want to make sure it's not a waste of money to return the secondary. Thanks y'all! :)
From what I saw on their site, if your gpa is below their cutoffs they'll have a sub committe look at your app to decide if you should be considered further. So if you got their secondary you either met the cutoffs, or they decided they liked you enough to give a secondary

Reactions: 1 users
From what I saw on their site, if your gpa is below their cutoffs they'll have a sub committe look at your app to decide if you should be considered further. So if you got their secondary you either met the cutoffs, or they decided they liked you enough to give a secondary
thanks for taking the time to help!

Under the Interview tab of my portal, I clicked under "Parking" where they include a link to print out parking instructions with a map. I wasn't able to print it or even view it, but if any of y'all could share it via an attachment it, that would be great!
Anybody happen to be able to view the map hyperlink on the "Parking" tab of our portal?

Your boi can click the hyperlink but it only shows an empty file

Anybody happen to be able to view the map hyperlink on the "Parking" tab of our portal?

Your boi can click the hyperlink but it only shows an empty file
I was not able to see it there either, however… They sent out an email for the in person-interview day, listed in the email was a link for the visitor parking and more instructions on where to go that day.

The Google Form for signing up for a group interview date is "not accepting responses." Do you think they already plan to fix it and I should just wait a couple of hours, or should I email them about it right now?

The Google Form for signing up for a group interview date is "not accepting responses." Do you think they already plan to fix it and I should just wait a couple of hours, or should I email them about it right now?
email or call for help

For those who have done the in-person group interview, is there much that you can do to prepare for it?

For those who have done the in-person group interview, is there much that you can do to prepare for it?
Wondering the same thing lol scheduled it for 11/10 but just wondering what to expect

Wondering the same thing lol scheduled it for 11/10 but just wondering what to expect

Based off of last years thread, the in-person group interview is casual and is a discussion/group activity. I am interviewing 10/14!:)

Based off of last years thread, the in-person group interview is casual and is a discussion/group activity. I am interviewing 10/14!:)
Any of y'all can add some information to the Interview Feedback link in the front page of this thread after you have gone to the interview; it could help future applicants a little bit to know what to expect.
Nobody has entered comments on this school since 2020 :(
They have changed their process every year for the past 3 years so that's part of the confusion.

Wishing all the best to ya!! Go get that pre-match

If you don't mind, let us know how it goes after, or if it's something you felt like you could prep for

No prepping needed, just go in with a bright smile ready to meet other applicants! Keep in mind you will be observed at all times :)

No prepping needed, just go in with a bright smile ready to meet other applicants! Keep in mind you will be observed at all times :)
I appreciate it. Also, I read that the virtual portion is two 30-minute interviews. These seem like the traditional type of interviews & it doesn't seem like they have presentations between them. Do you know if that's right?