2023-2024 UT Tyler

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, only about 3 weeks until match day for the rest of us 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I seriously feel like this is all a dream! I got the A!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
@cloudywithachance An hour ago. Had to call everyone in existence and then my boss walked in to talk to me about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING while I nodded and smiled for a half hour, and then I came here!

Reactions: 1 user
congrats! ♥
Thank you so much! For anyone who sees this and does not get in right now...it will happen. I promise. At the right time, at the right place, and it will all be worth it. You are all good enough and smart enough and I believe in each of you. It took me four cycles to be given a chance and I am so thankful I never gave up, even when people told me to become a PA...eye on the ball...don't give up. We've got this.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
congratulations everyone, happy for you all 💌

i'll be preparing for reapplication so any tips would be appreciated

• Care
Congratulations everyone!! When do reapp meetings typically happen, and what should we expect from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much! For anyone who sees this and does not get in right now...it will happen. I promise. At the right time, at the right place, and it will all be worth it. You are all good enough and smart enough and I believe in each of you. It took me four cycles to be given a chance and I am so thankful I never gave up, even when people told me to become a PA...eye on the ball...don't give up. We've got this.
THIS! I applied last year and was truly devastated when I didn’t match.

I am so grateful that I didn’t get in last year like I wanted so desperately. I’m not a naturally strong student (peep the LizzyM) so I would not have thrived in the first class having to navigate so much with no mentors.

And remember, match day is soon. I have a friend who got in off of the WL last year after not matching. It ain’t over till it’s over!

I’ll make a post later once my brain works with what I felt helped as a reapplicant 🤍

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I wonder if they prematched almost the whole class today like they did last year. I'm trying to keep my hopes up for match day but this feels bleak

I wonder if they prematched almost the whole class today like they did last year. I'm trying to keep my hopes up for match day but this feels bleak
Even if they did, some people have other acceptances and might not match at Tyler.
Match Day will sort those out

mvp- if you hadn’t said they’d started my family wouldn’t have been in the room ◡̈ thanks for that!

So happy you could share it with them! What an incredibly thoughtful and personal acceptance. I cried when they all clapped.

• Love
i'm kind of discouraged ˙◠˙ i don't really know how to feel, what an odd time

• Care

no I feel it. honestly so sad, just ran the angriest (and fastest lmao) 5k of my whole life. I'm grateful for my other acceptances but this was the one I really was holding out hope for

• Care
If anyone wants to join an accepted student group me message me, I just made one!

no I feel it. honestly so sad, just ran the angriest (and fastest lmao) 5k of my whole life. I'm grateful for my other acceptances but this was the one I really was holding out hope for
IMG_7513.jpeg

I get it yall :( I found this rejection letter Duke sent to an applicant from the grad admissions subreddit, and it was honestly a very wholesome read. I hope it brings yall the comfort it brought me :)

Very proud of you both❤️I know this is just the beginning of yalls journey

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
feeling really really disappointed. no acceptances and dreading the thought of reapplying. dont know what im going to do with my life. very happy for everyone who has gotten in though, so deserving and so excited for your futures! to everyone that's in my position as well, hang in there, we've got this

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
feeling really really disappointed. no acceptances and dreading the thought of reapplying. dont know what im going to do with my life. very happy for everyone who has gotten in though, so deserving and so excited for your futures! to everyone that's in my position as well, hang in there, we've got this
The beauty of the TMDSAS match is that as long as you have interviewed, you can get an acceptance on match day. Hang in there a bit longer

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
praying that you get good news on match day, at the perfect school for you ♥ also i just got my incarnate word interview invite this week, so some texas schools are still sending out interviews!

• Care
Out of curiosity, do we know if the last interview date (1/9) was eligible for prematch?
At my interview date, they mentioned the prematch batch yesterday would include all interview dates, so yes.

I interviewed with UTT SoM last year (my only application), was rejected because of what I now see as a poorly articulated application. I spent hundreds of hours improving my app before this cycle only to find out once I submitted my primary that my MCAT would be too old (overlooked this focusing on everything else) and was ineligible to move forward this year. In June I had to cope with having to wait another year.

So to help you answer "what you do with your life". You accept the outcome, take pride in what you HAVE accomplished and learned, go back to the drawing board, and get back on the grind. Poke holes in everything and find out where you can improve. Use the disappointment and anxiety to fuel your determination to make yourself better for this next cycle. All this while knowing.. if you just get better each time, your dream is inevitable.

You are a future doctor, your graduation year is the only unknown variable. Believe it!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
i'm right here with you, in the same exact position in life 💌

• Care
IMG_2074.jpeg

Just an update for y’all. Remember that the Match will move people, and after that people can still choose other schools for a while! Hold on hope ◡̈

cranberry u are the absolute sweetest to already be accepted and still come back here to give us hope! ♥
i was in that exact spot last year so i want y’all to trust that i 100% know what it feels like. it’s the trenches.

i promise that once you get that first A, all this sadness and all of the hard work feels totally worth it. hang in there!

i was in that exact spot last year so i want y’all to trust that i 100% know what it feels like. it’s the trenches.

i promise that once you get that first A, all this sadness and all of the hard work feels totally worth it. hang in there!
so excited for you!! congratulations!!!!!

View attachment 381594
Just an update for y’all. Remember that the Match will move people, and after that people can still choose other schools for a while! Hold on hope ◡̈
i haven't been able to stop crying or sleep since yesterday because i feel so disoriented, but maybe there is a little hope

thank you

• Care
I am more curious about what you are eliminating and why so people understand. May be a post on general thread?

Feels more personal than I’d be willing to post online! But generally lots to consider like any important decision-finances etc.

• Love
Feels more personal than I’d be willing to post online! But generally lots to consider like any important decision-finances etc.
It is a ranking decision most people seem to be already sharing but it is a choice whether you want to share or not.

hello friends

do rejection letters get sent out after match day? i just wanna move on -_-

• Care
hello friends

Like anything it varies
Some schools (Long for one) leave everyone who didn’t match on their WL
Some schools have a shorter WL and you’ll get an email within a couple of weeks about it. Tell them yes you want to stay on their WL, or no.
After they have sent out some WLemails they might reject the rest, or stay silent.

TMDSAS does not administer the WLs, and offers to be ON a WL or come OFF one for an acceptance are between you and the individual school.

Like anything it varies
Some schools (Long for one) leave everyone who didn’t match on their WL
Some schools have a shorter WL and you’ll get an email within a couple of weeks about it. Tell them yes you want to stay on their WL, or no.
After they have sent out some WLemails they might reject the rest, or stay silent.

TMDSAS does not administer the WLs, and offers to be ON a WL or come OFF one for an acceptance are between you and the individual school.
oh interesting, i did not know this — thank you!!

As promised, I wanted to share here that I withdrew my prematch to UT Tyler. After confirming that I would rank a different prematch offer higher, I hoped that in formally withdrawing, someone else might get good news before the match <3. Best of luck, everyone! It truly is a wonderful community.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
As promised, I wanted to share here that I withdrew my prematch to UT Tyler. After confirming that I would rank a different prematch offer higher, I hoped that in formally withdrawing, someone else might get good news before the match <3. Best of luck, everyone! It truly is a wonderful community.
I’m not holding out for an offer from this school, but just wanted to say you’re an incredible human being for doing this, considering the small class size where someone holding a spot has a bigger impact compared to a larger class size… Congratulations for your other prematch that stole your heart! 😊

• Love
hello friends

last year they sent the Waitlist/R emails about 3-4 hours after the match. they did not waitlist everyone.

final rejections don’t go out until the first week of school ◡̈

an icon and a legend. where are you headed instead?