2026 Personal Statement Readers!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bird.nerd

Ohio State c/o 2025!
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I would copy and paste this from last year because this really helped me last year when perfecting my essays as a second time applicant! :)

Since VMCAS opened back in January for this current cycle, that means there's much more time available for applicants to have their essays read/reviewed/edited than in previous years. Much more time to polish things up and make them as perfect as possible.

To applicants: You can send a PM regarding your essays to any of the members on the Current Readers list! Just the click the mail icon next to your username on the top right navigation bar/menu, and select "Start a new conversation". Then, type the username(s) of the reader(s) who you'd like to utilize in the Recipients box.

To readers:
DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Quote the most recent post.
2) Add your SDN username, your credentials, and specific things you are willing to edit for (content only, grammar only, etc) under the "current readers" section. DO NOT post your email address or any other identifying and/or public information.
3) Remove the quote tags.
4) If you are unable to read any more personal statements, please come back and remove your name from the list.

Example:
Username | Vet student/Pre-vet/Veterinarian/whatever | Focus on grammar/readability/content, etc. | Any other pertinent info

CURRENT READERS:
bird.nerd | Soon to be vet student c/o 2025 :love: | Good with synthesizing an idea, grammar, proof reading, editing and trimming essays down. I helped at my university's writing center and have always loved pushing myself in my English courses. I would love to assist anyone who needs help and it is a good way to keep busy while I wait for my last school's decision!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys! I'm doing a quick plug here for Galin Education and their Vet School Admissions Consulting Team.
I was a non-traditional student when I applied to vet school, and I felt super lost about the whole application process. I constantly searched for some sort of vet school advising company, but never found one. That's what Galin is trying to do. Feel free to reach out to us for help on polishing your application, cranking out essays, transcript evaluations, and personalized target school lists.
This process is so daunting, and we want to help make it less so. You got this, good luck!

Since VMCAS opened back in January for this current cycle, that means there's much more time available for applicants to have their essays read/reviewed/edited than in previous years. Much more time to polish things up and make them as perfect as possible.

To applicants: You can send a PM regarding your essays to any of the members on the Current Readers list! Just the click the mail icon next to your username on the top right navigation bar/menu, and select "Start a new conversation". Then, type the username(s) of the reader(s) who you'd like to utilize in the Recipients box.

To readers:
2) Add your SDN username, your credentials, and specific things you are willing to edit for (content only, grammar only, etc) under the "current readers" section. DO NOT post your email address or any other identifying and/or public information.
4) If you are unable to read any more personal statements, please come back and remove your name from the list.

Example:
Username | Vet student/Pre-vet/Veterinarian/whatever | Focus on grammar/readability/content, etc. | Any other pertinent info

CURRENT READERS:
bird.nerd | Soon to be vet student c/o 2025 | Good with synthesizing an idea, grammar, proof reading, editing and trimming essays down. I helped at my university's writing center and have always loved pushing myself in my English courses. I would love to assist anyone who needs help and it is a good way to keep busy while I wait for my last school's decision!

EB73674 | Vet Student c/o 2025 | Very good with grammar/spelling/word choice/flow/general readability, good with general content & conveying your personal story & creating a cohesive/clear picture of someone's story or essay, particularly good at drawing out aspects of unique/diverse application packages. I can help with brainstorming ideas, but that would probably not be my best way to help. I spent a lot of time in undergrad reading & working on other people's papers, was originally a social sciences/humanities major, etc. Happy to also help folks figure out the non-traditional path to vet school if you need advice!

Members don't see this ad :)

To readers:

Example:

CURRENT READERS:
bird.nerd | Soon to be vet student c/o 2025 | Good with synthesizing an idea, grammar, proof reading, editing and trimming essays down. I helped at my university's writing center and have always loved pushing myself in my English courses. I would love to assist anyone who needs help and it is a good way to keep busy while I wait for my last school's decision!

EB73674 | Vet Student c/o 2025 | Very good with grammar/spelling/word choice/flow/general readability, good with general content & conveying your personal story & creating a cohesive/clear picture of someone's story or essay, particularly good at drawing out aspects of unique/diverse application packages. I can help with brainstorming ideas, but that would probably not be my best way to help. I spent a lot of time in undergrad reading & working on other people's papers, was originally a social sciences/humanities major, etc. Happy to also help folks figure out the non-traditional path to vet school if you need advice!

max_wildlife | Soon-to-Be Vet Student c/o 2025 | B.S. in Journalism, 2014; former columnist and editor-in-chief of school paper |
Overall, I'd say my skills lie more in editing, but I'm strong in narrative writing as well. Given my training, I can also help with a 'hook, line and sinker' approach if desired -- or otherwise catching the attention of your reader in the first two sentences, and then tying back your conclusion to your introduction. I'm also comfortable with tone, and strong at identifying irony and playing with rhetoric to drive points home in a unique way. Writing is more or less the only chance we have to express ourselves during the application process, and I can help you find creative ways to express who you are through your essay. Happy to help any time after April 1st!

**Hi all, removing myself for the time being from statement reading, I've been getting overwhelmed with my end-of-semester coursework & need to concentrate on that until I finish the 2nd week of May. If you've already sent me a statement (or we've been in contact & I've told you to send me a statement), I'll be getting to it this week, and I'll add myself back into the mix once finals are done!**

To readers:

Example:

CURRENT READERS:

max_wildlife | Soon-to-Be Vet Student c/o 2025 | B.S. in Journalism, 2014; former columnist and editor-in-chief of school paper |
Overall, I'd say my skills lie more in editing, but I'm strong in narrative writing as well. Given my training, I can also help with a 'hook, line and sinker' approach if desired -- or otherwise catching the attention of your reader in the first two sentences, and then tying back your conclusion to your introduction. I'm also comfortable with tone, and strong at identifying irony and playing with rhetoric to drive points home in a unique way. Writing is more or less the only chance we have to express ourselves during the application process, and I can help you find creative ways to express who you are through your essay. Happy to help any time after April 1st!

To readers:

Example:

CURRENT READERS:

WildZoo | c/o 2020, current PhD student | I have a degree in writing and have helped many applicants with their personal statements in prior years. I also participated as an interviewer in the previous two application cycles for my school, so have some perspective from the other side of the table on how these essays are received. Happy to help at any stage in the writing process, as well as through multiple revisions, and I tend to be thorough and detailed in my feedback. Feel free to start sending me essays now, but with end-of-semester things going on I likely will not get back to you prior to May 14th. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you an email address to send to (easier for me to keep track that way).

Would anyone here be willing to read explanation statements as well?

To readers:

Example:

CURRENT READERS:

WildZoo | c/o 2020, current PhD student | I have a degree in writing and have helped many applicants with their personal statements in prior years. I also participated as an interviewer in the previous two application cycles for my school, so have some perspective from the other side of the table on how these essays are received. Happy to help at any stage in the writing process, as well as through multiple revisions, and I tend to be thorough and detailed in my feedback. Feel free to start sending me essays now, but with end-of-semester things going on I likely will not get back to you prior to May 14th. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you an email address to send to (easier for me to keep track that way).

alissa14 | soon-to-be vet student at Michigan State c/o 2025!!!! No degree lol but English was always a strong subject for me

PM me and we can communicate via email!!! I’m open to reading and giving feedback on anything. I love playing “editor” and can be blunt so be prepared for it to look like I murdered your essay. I also have strength in grammar and spelling and using active voice. I can help you stay concise and focused and help you make your essays as personal as possible. I also, without going into detail, had to write an explanation statement regarding an academic incident from undergrad. If anyone else is in a similar situation with questions, please PM me! I’m here to help. I will be on vacation May 14-23 and will be much more available after that! Best of luck to prospective c/o 2026!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I can help with some essays until I start working mid-June. Then after that not gonna be much help, so if anyone has stuff they need help with now just PM me!

To readers:

Example:

CURRENT READERS:

alissa14 | soon-to-be vet student at Michigan State c/o 2025!!!! No degree lol but English was always a strong subject for me

mmmdreamerz | c/o 2021, soon to be SA rotating intern
I enjoy writing a lot and am pretty good with words/making things flow. I have a decent amount of writing experience both with VMCAS/VIRMP applications and journal publications and like helping other people with their writing. Only available to help with new essays until June 7th (I'll happily help people I started already with after that).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi all, I'm at capacity for the moment! I'm removing my name for now but suspecting I'll get through all of this by June and may be able to help some more. Good luck everyone!

-------------------------------------------------

To readers:

Example:

CURRENT READERS:

*Booked until mid-June*

I enjoy writing a lot and am pretty good with words/making things flow. I have a decent amount of writing experience both with VMCAS/VIRMP applications and journal publications and like helping other people with their writing. Only available to help with new essays until June 7th (I'll happily help people I started already with after that).

Having trouble writing my essays and personal statement. Anyone willing to help ?

Take a look at this thread. There are several members who are willing to help with essays

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but would anyone be willing to look at my personal statement? I'm looking for a professional/accepted vet student specifically (or if you're just really good with words!). I'd be eternally grateful! Thank you so much in advance :)

hey guys, just wanted to share that i'm still completely overwhelmed and having formatting problems on the forum at the moment. if someone can figure out how to rearrange the list, please remove me for the time being. best of luck to everyone!! hoping i can catch up soon.

hey guys, just wanted to share that i'm still completely overwhelmed and having formatting problems on the forum at the moment. if someone can figure out how to rearrange the list, please remove me for the time being. best of luck to everyone!! hoping i can catch up soon.
I gotchu. Left you on the list and just crossed out so you won't have to retype everything if you reopen for submissions later :)

-------------------------------------------------

To readers:

Example:

CURRENT READERS:

*Booked until mid-June*

**Not accepting more submissions at this time**

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, but would anyone be willing to look at my personal statement? I'm looking for a professional/accepted vet student specifically (or if you're just really good with words!). I'd be eternally grateful! Thank you so much in advance :)
DM anyone on the list above and they should be happy to look over your essays!

To readers:

Example:

CURRENT READERS:

*Booked until mid-June*

WonderingStudent | c/o 2024
Good at looking for word choice, grammar and feedback but am willing to do whatever you need!

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody was available to proofread my personal statement anytime soon?

I’m taking my name off the list for right now since I’m busier than expected but will still work on and finish anyone that has messaged me so far.

To readers:

Example:

CURRENT READERS:

*Booked until mid-June*

Good at looking for word choice, grammar and feedback but am willing to do whatever you need!

o readers:

Example:

CURRENT READERS:

*Booked until mid-June*

Vet2022-20224| c/o 2023| I'd love to help bring out your uniqueness and what you can offer the profession. I can help with general flow and grammar too. Final proof reading is not my strength, but I can try my best to help at all stages of your writing. I have helped with several essays in the past years. Always happy to see when they succeed! Goodluck!

Example:

CURRENT READERS:

*Booked until mid-June*

Vet2022-20224| c/o 2023| I'd love to help bring out your uniqueness and what you can offer the profession. I can help with general flow and grammar too. Final proof reading is not my strength, but I can try my best to help at all stages of your writing. I have helped with several essays in the past years. Always happy to see when they succeed! Goodluck!

sheltermed | c/o idk | rising 2nd year DVM/PhD student with experience across the board (clinical, pharmaceuticals/industry, academia, government); I can help you cut down lengthy essays while still keeping the essence of what you're saying, can help with content, grammar, all aspects really. can only take one at a time at this point - will let you know if I am unavailable. PM anytime!

can it be another type of essay or only personal statements?

Example:

CURRENT READERS:

*Booked until mid-June*

sheltermed | c/o idk | rising 2nd year DVM/PhD student with experience across the board (clinical, pharmaceuticals/industry, academia, government); I can help you cut down lengthy essays while still keeping the essence of what you're saying, can help with content, grammar, all aspects really. can only take one at a time at this point - will let you know if I am unavailable. PM anytime!

scs589 l C/o 2024 l Rising second year student at AUCVM. Experience in large and small animal. I can help with flow and grammar. I love final proof reading, and enjoy catching little things that may make the difference in how someone perceives your essay. I helped with class of 2025, and had a lot of good feedback! We start back school in August, so I'll do as much as I can before things get too crazy!

I will be removing myself from the list, as school is starting soon. Those that have messaged me until today, I will continue to work with you. Good-luck guys!

Example:

CURRENT READERS:

*Booked until mid-June*

scs589 l C/o 2024 l Rising second year student at AUCVM. Experience in large and small animal. I can help with flow and grammar. I love final proof reading, and enjoy catching little things that may make the difference in how someone perceives your essay. I helped with class of 2025, and had a lot of good feedback! We start back school in August, so I'll do as much as I can before things get too crazy!

I couldn't figure out how to cross myself out so I just deleted my entry. Good luck everyone!!

Example:

CURRENT READERS:

*Booked until mid-June*

Taking myself off as school starts. There are some of you who have already reached out to me that I am happy to look at, I am just waiting on a further response from you so check your PMs :)

Example:

CURRENT READERS:

*Booked until mid-June*

Is anyone willing to read supplemental application essays as well?

Would anyone be willing to look at my VIRMP internship personal statement?