27 MCAT, 3.8cGPA, 3.6sGPA, OHIO Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Assmosis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 27 MCAT, my second score (P: 9, V: 7, B: 11), 3.8cGPA, 3.6sGPA, and am an Ohio resident. I am already applying to several DO schools (10 total) but my primary question is which few MD schools I should apply to. I have 3 years research experience (with a group publication, done many talks and posters), attended Summer Medical and dental education program at Duke Medical school, 200 hours of hospital volunteering, 80 hours total shadowing, and a Mexico service-learning trip where I also shadowed.

Right now I only have Wright State and University of Cincinnati, but I wanted to apply to at least 5. UC seems like a stretch for me, but I was also considering Toledo and Northeastern Ohio (but only 20% of their students are direct entry), Ohio State seems like a huge stretch. Any advice for any additional schools I could apply to out of the state of Ohio? I've been looking at Penn State, Michigan State, East Virginia, and Creighton.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, what about Creighton, VCU, and Vermont?

That's weird, I saw Creighton had an 8 VR for the bottom 10 percentile on MSAR 2009-2010 and 2010-2011. Just felt a little more in line with their school's mission, so I thought I'd give it a shot.