3.65 35Q school list - canadian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SammyJR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
35Q MCAT but 8 in verbal (ESL)

ECs
-worked for two summers
-about 200 hours of volunteer started in grade 11 (junior in highschool)
-played intramural sports every semester
-a few awards and scholarships
-involved in a few school clubs and was part of execs
-about 20 hours of physician shadowing
-will be doing an internship this summer in a hospital setting (job starts after app submission)
-will be looking to get some research during the cycle, however probably won't be able to include in app

LORs
-Strong LOR from two science profs and last employer, will be looking to add a DO letter

school list
-Tulane
-MSU
-Rosalind Franklin
-U of Kentucky
-NYMC
-Tufts
-stony brook
-virginia commonwealth
-upstate new york
-wayne state
-tcom
-lecom

reach/dream
-Hawaii
-georgetown
-Dartmouth
-St.Louis
-GW
-BU

thank you very much

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your reach schools don't really seem like reaches in the sense that I could justify their presence on your standard list due to your high MCAT. AECOM and Case Western are Canadian friendly and would be good additions to your reach list.

Your reach schools don't really seem like reaches in the sense that I could justify their presence on your standard list due to your high MCAT. AECOM and Case Western are Canadian friendly and would be good additions to your reach list.

thank you for the reply

I based my list on the MCAT breakdown from MSAR and my 8 in verbal seems to be lower than the 10th percentile for a lot of the schools

but I will definitely add AECOM and Western to the list

Leave out TCOM. You'd have to do a TMDSAS app to even apply there. You would be competitive but it is a whole seperate system (no grade replacement and $$$) and they don't pull from outside of Tx much.

I would leave out LECOM unless you are interested for geographical reasons. Consider adding DMU, CCOM, KCUMB on the DO side of things. Or anywhere you want really. You are very, very competitive statistically for DO programs.

Leave out TCOM. You'd have to do a TMDSAS app to even apply there. You would be competitive but it is a whole seperate system (no grade replacement and $$$) and they don't pull from outside of Tx much.

I would leave out LECOM unless you are interested for geographical reasons. Consider adding DMU, CCOM, KCUMB on the DO side of things. Or anywhere you want really. You are very, very competitive statistically for DO programs.

thank you for the reply, I put in lecom and tcom because of their low tuition

DMU and KCUMB are great suggestions, thank you

thank you for the reply, I put in lecom and tcom because of their low tuition

DMU and KCUMB are great suggestions, thank you

Ahh tuition. Be careful with state schools like MSU and TCOM because you won't be paying their in-state rates.