3.8 cGPA, 3.74 sGPA, 23+28 MCAT.. MD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whwarrior11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Friends,

Do I have a shot at MD if I apply next cycle?

NJ resident
non-URM

3.81 cCPA
3.74 sGPA
1st MCAT 23 (9/5/9)
2nd MCAT 28 (10/8/10)

600+ hrs. clinical research (acknowledgment in paper)
150+ hrs. shadowing
60 hrs. as volunteer
2 yrs lab research
RA, club officer, service trip to Nicaragua, Special Olympics as ECs

I am planning on applying to all NJ schools as well as some in philly and USF-Select program (due to LVHN experience)

Feedback much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Not really. MCATs are not competitive, but I suggest trying all three NJ MD schools. You're fine for DO schools if you apply broadly.
Friends,

Do I have a shot at MD if I apply next cycle?

NJ resident
non-URM

3.81 cCPA
3.74 sGPA
1st MCAT 23 (9/5/9)
2nd MCAT 28 (10/8/10)

600+ hrs. clinical research (acknowledgment in paper)
150+ hrs. shadowing
60 hrs. as volunteer
2 yrs lab research
RA, club officer, service trip to Nicaragua, Special Olympics as ECs

I am planning on applying to all NJ schools as well as some in philly and USF-Select program (due to LVHN experience)

Feedback much appreciated!

Reactions: 1 user
I would ask all the NJ schools (NJMS, Robert Wood, Cooper) if they could offer you advice about your application. I understand that you could do a post-bac at NJMS, and you are guaranteed an interview for a spot at NJMS if you can retake the MCAT and score 30 or above (but the interview is relatively late in the cycle. in January or February, so it's more of a selling point to the post-bac than of actual benefit to you).

MCAT is a little low for MD but that doesn't mean that you have no chance. Apply to lots of low-tier MD schools and consider DO. Since you are applying next cycle and want to go MD, I would suggest taking the new MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user