MD 3.87cGpa 3.84sGps good ecs 30mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JaggyD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I would really appreciate any feedback about my chances because I'm really starting to stress.
3.88cGPA
3.84sGPA
30 MCAT
2 years as Pharmacy Tech
Chemistry Tutor
Premed club membership
Student ambassador
Doing research currently
200 cumulative volunteer hours
100 hours shadowing
The only caveat that will hate me is that I had to drop a class last semester because I had to work another job because of financial circumstances so now I have a W on my transcript. :(

Members don't see this ad.

good numbers, decent ECs, you should have success if you apply early and broadly. Also depends what state you are in. If you have a school list, maybe we can help you with that.

good numbers, decent ECs, you should have success if you apply early and broadly. Also depends what state you are in. If you have a school list, maybe we can help you with that.
I'm an Arkansas resident so I have an advantage there and I'm thinking of applying at
UAMS- Arkansas
Albany
New York Medical
UMKC
Loma Linda
Maybe some DOs
I'm having a hard time of considering which schools to apply to and which ones to not, would you suggest any? And how early would you suggest that I apply and would July be considered late?

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest investing in a msar and looking at schools in which you are competitive (gpa/mcat), and looking at oos schools that accept a decent amount of oos students. I defer to others more knowledgeable with do recommendations. Submitting your secondaries in july will not be conisdered late, but just be wary of what you need to do to be considered complete (primary, secondary, mcat scores in, letters).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user