32 MCAT 3.5 cGPA 3.2 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Megan801

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have outstanding extracurriculars as well including starting a charity and spending 1500+ hours in the hospital working with this charity. I have shadowed multiple physicians in different departments for about 100 hours. I'm currently in a radiology internship which only 8 applicants receive where I get to do rotations with residents, observe operations and autopsies. I am the service chair of multiple campus organizations and also have an Italian minor and tutoring experiences among many other things. I am a Michigan resident and planning on applying both MD and DO. Here are some MD schools I'm looking at. Some are a bit of a reach and I know that but I'm not sure what I should completely cut out of my list.

Michigan State
Oakland University
Howard University
Tulane
University of Illinois
University of Louisville
Florida Atlantic University
Quinnipiac
UNC Chapel Hill
University of Arizona
Rush Medical College
New York Medical College
University of Washington
UC Riverside

What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

I have outstanding extracurriculars as well including starting a charity and spending 1500+ hours in the hospital working with this charity. I have shadowed multiple physicians in different departments for about 100 hours. I'm currently in a radiology internship which only 8 applicants receive where I get to do rotations with residents, observe operations and autopsies. I am the service chair of multiple campus organizations and also have an Italian minor and tutoring experiences among many other things. I am a Michigan resident and planning on applying both MD and DO. Here are some MD schools I'm looking at. Some are a bit of a reach and I know that but I'm not sure what I should completely cut out of my list.

Michigan State
Oakland University
Howard University
Tulane
University of Illinois
University of Louisville
Quinnipiac
UNC Chapel Hill
University of Arizona
Rush Medical College
New York Medical College
University of Washington
UC Riverside

What do you think?
UWashington OOSers are from the region or MD/PhD candidates. You don't have a chance there. Howard, a historically black medical college, is mission-driven and will expect committed, substantial service to minorities among your ECs. Your stats are fine for UIC, but be aware of the high OOS pricetag. UC Riverside has a specific mission that you probably can't validate (serving the inland empire).

Reactions: 1 user
These OOS public schools accept very few OOS applicants with your stats:
University of Illinois
University of Louisville
UNC Chapel Hill
University of Washington
UC Riverside
Howard is also unlikely unless your are URM.
That leaves you with only 7 schools where you have a realistic chance for an interview. Consider adding more schools where you have a reasonable chance for an interview such as:
Wayne State
Central Michigan
Western Michigan
Hofstra
St. Louis
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
Albany
Georgetown
George Washington
Apply to several DO schools also