A dumb question about scrubs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

renacuaja

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to start wearing scrubs since I’m tired of getting my business casual clothes covered in animal hair and fluids. And so I can blend in more with the staff.

My friend works as a software engineer at Figs and can get me scrubs at a low price. I did a quick Google search though and it seems like these scrubs are controversial and are kinda seen as belonging to snooty people? I just want to blend in so should I pay a couple bucks extra to go to a regular scrub store?

Members don't see this ad.

I have to start wearing scrubs since I’m tired of getting my business casual clothes covered in animal hair and fluids. And so I can blend in more with the staff.

My friend works as a software engineer at Figs and can get me scrubs at a low price. I did a quick Google search though and it seems like these scrubs are controversial and are kinda seen as belonging to snooty people? I just want to blend in so should I pay a couple bucks extra to go to a regular scrub store?
get the cheaper scrubs. A lot of people wear figs

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t wear figs because they’re more expensive for me than my cherokees. If you can get them cheaper than other scrubs, get them if they’re comfy.

I did a quick Google search though and it seems like these scrubs are controversial and are kinda seen as belonging to snooty people?
If people are going to judge you for wearing these, then they can go ahead and spend their own money buying you scrubs. Until then, do what you want.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you all! As you can tell I’m a bit image conscious.

I’m the first in my immediate family to graduate past middle school so going into new professional situations, sometimes I’m hyper-aware.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you all! As you can tell I’m a bit image conscious.

I’m the first in my immediate family to graduate past middle school so going into new professional situations, sometimes I’m hyper-aware.
So for instance, I like figs because they have the tall option for scrub pants and fit nicely on an otherwise scrawny frame. I am up and down on the floor all day long and the material is comfortable for me. I have tried a lot of scrubs, and those fit and move best with me. You just have to experiment to find what works. It sucks that they are expensive for me, but again, it has nothing to do with image, it has to do with how they fit and move for my body.

Reactions: 1 users