AACPMAS 2015-2016 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm in, just PM me your number when you land or just PM me for mine whatever is comfortable with you lol. I'll shoot you a text when I'm settled in the room.
Same here

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I told them to put me down for two nights so I can go check out the city after the interview, so I'm down.
I caved and asked Temple to book me the hotel. This way I can afford a rental car. VROOM VROOM!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ill be heading to Western U for a tour on the 17th. If anyone has questions let me know and I can report back if you guys wish.

Just got confirmation for the hotel room couple minutes ago. I can see the name of who I'm sharing the room with so if one of you also got an email confirmation for the room, my initials are SD so hit me up cause you're my roomie lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got confirmation for the hotel room couple minutes ago. I can see the name of who I'm sharing the room with so if one of you also got an email confirmation for the room, my initials are SD so hit me up cause you're my roomie lol.
Well hello then roomie, lol

For an interview?
No, just a campus tour. I got an email from them last night encouraging me to speak with students and/or faculty as part of my school searching process. Since I live about 40 minutes away from the campus, I thought might as well. Also the current podiatrist I'm working as a scribe for, his old partner is one of the professors at Western U. Hopefully I can meet with him during the tour.

Bob I tried to send you a message with the "Start a conversation" however it looks like another thread so I'm not sure if I did it right lol.

Guys, should I submit my application without LORs and the MCAT? I understand that the verification process takes a few weeks, but what's the point of submitting the application without the necessary documents.

So far, I only have one reference letter. The other two should be coming in by the end of this week.

Guys, should I submit my application without LORs and the MCAT? I understand that the verification process takes a few weeks, but what's the point of submitting the application without the necessary documents.

So far, I only have one reference letter. The other two should be coming in by the end of this week.

I submitted my application with 2/3 LOR and my old MCAT and just put that I'm taking it again on 9/11.

The transcript verification process takes a number of weeks. The MCAT verification process should only take a number of days. So you can start the application as a whole and send in the transcripts a few weeks before you send the MCAT and it will probably all get verified around the same time. Don't postpone the transcripts and main application (long process) to wait for the MCAT score (short process).

You may or may not need the LORs in by the time your application is verified, depending on the school. But I wouldn't hold the application up for LORs either.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application with 2/3 LOR and my old MCAT and just put that I'm taking it again on 9/11.

I think I'll submit the application once my LORs come in (or at least one more).

The transcript verification process takes a number of weeks. The MCAT verification process should only take a number of days. So you can start the application as a whole and send in the transcripts a few weeks before you send the MCAT and it will probably all get verified around the same time. Don't postpone the transcripts and main application (long process) to wait for the MCAT score (short process).

You may or may not need the LORs in by the time your application is verified, depending on the school. But I wouldn't hold the application up for LORs either.

I sent my transcript exactly a week ago so hopefully the process is complete by the end of next week. How long will it take to be verified once I submit the main application?

Guys, should I submit my application without LORs and the MCAT?
Historically, people seem to have gotten interviews without LORs or having the MCAT score (not sure which Universities that happened at), however the MCAT score is for sure required if you want to go past interview, so they may conditionally accept you based on what MCAT score you receive. As recommended by others on this thread, I would submit your application and transcripts asap as it seems like there is now a long waiting time for them to become verified, and the longer you wait, the more people will be sending in their transcripts so it may take longer.

Well hello then roomie, lol
Did you guys get these confirmation emails from Temple or the hotel itself?? I'd like to have my confirmation before I go and book my train ticket

Did you guys get these confirmation emails from Temple or the hotel itself?? I'd like to have my confirmation before I go and book my train ticket
From a Temple employee. But not from the main admissions email.

I'm thinking that they didn't book Podseidon the hotel until they found him a roommate that was staying 2 nights (me). Because about 10 minutes after I requested they provide a hotel I got the confirmation. But Podseidon didn't get the confirmation until after I requested a room, even though I assume he requested it days ago. They may not book your room until they have a second interviewee that only wants to stay one night since they double us up in the rooms.

What Bob said. They just gotta get you a roommate who's staying as long as you are.

Got it this morning! Anybody with the initials F.K.?

Just got invited to interview at AZPOD! Everyone should check their portals if they haven't already

For those that submitted Personal Statements from the schools that offered the option, did it differ from your essay or was it the same thing?

For those that submitted Personal Statements from the schools that offered the option, did it differ from your essay or was it the same thing?
Different. Didn't those ask something along the lines of 'what would you bring to our school that is unique'? As opposed to the main application personal statement which I assume would be more along the lines of explaining your background and why you're interested in medicine/Podiatry.

It seems that way. I assume they'll add more at some point.
Well, that's when I'm going I guess. October 7th is already later than I would want to go but I guess it'll do. Sucks that it's right in the middle of the week.

I totally forgot that AZPOD portal existed. I got an interview invite too but I can't make the Oct 7th date :( my NY and temple interviews are then

I totally forgot that AZPOD portal existed. I got an interview invite too but I can't make the Oct 7th date :( my NY and temple interviews are then
I thought Temple only does Monday and Friday interviews...

When were y'all completely verified by AZPOD? I got the confirm email that all my materials are in a couple days ago and have an LOR from a DPM en mail route. I am from Texas and have a lot of clinic shadowing experience with all kinds of doctors and ECs, but only about 20 hours with a DPM (still wrote me a letter though). Should I be ok for an interview at least?

Thanks.

5J46mi6.png

Reactions: 4 users
When were y'all completely verified by AZPOD? I got the confirm email that all my materials are in a couple days ago and have an LOR from a DPM en mail route. I am from Texas and have a lot of clinic shadowing experience with all kinds of doctors and ECs, but only about 20 hours with a DPM (still wrote me a letter though). Should I be ok for an interview at least?

Thanks.
I was completely verified on the 29th.
Your EC's sound good, so as long as your stats are around the class profile (3.6 cumulative GPA/23-24+ MCAT) you should be good to go for an interview I'd think. And I'm totally guessing on the MCAT score, I didn't see an average included on the school's website

What you guys mean by check the portal. Our messages in the application website?

Thanks.
12 days ago I was verified by AZPod, but this seems like the first batch of interviews they've sent out so it might not necessarily take that long for you. And yes, mailing from Texas to AACPMAS or to any of these schools sucks. You should use Interfolio for your LORs.

I'm staying at the Drury Inn Tuesday night for the AZPod interview on 10/07. Also, I'm renting a car. So if any of y'all wanna hang out on that Tuesday or you're staying at my hotel and need a ride to the interview on Wednesday, just HOLLAAAAAA

I'm staying at the Drury Inn Tuesday night for the AZPod interview on 10/07. Also, I'm renting a car. So if any of y'all wanna hang out on that Tuesday or you're staying at my hotel and need a ride to the interview on Wednesday, just HOLLAAAAAA
I'll probably take you up on that! Did you check out any of the other hotels? Drury seems solid and relatively cheap. And free breakfast yeeeaaauuuuuuhhhhhh

I'll probably take you up on that! Did you check out any of the other hotels? Drury seems solid and relatively cheap. And free breakfast yeeeaaauuuuuuhhhhhh
It was close and cheap with the school's corporate discount. That list of hotels was pretty big, I didn't wanna price them all out. I actually looked at that one first because it has a shuttle to the school but then I guess I'm renting a car so I'm not sure why I even cared about that, lol.

Congrats to everyone who got interviews! Cant wait to get my app finished.

How did everyone document their shadowing hours? And do we report our AP scores? If so, where?

Congrats to everyone who got interviews! Cant wait to get my app finished.

How did everyone document their shadowing hours? And do we report our AP scores? If so, where?
I just put my shadowing hours under "Podiatric experience" in the "Experiences" section of the main application. Some schools requested an optional secondary uploaded file for shadowing, I didn't do that. Somewhere earlier in this thread someone answered the AP question, but I don't remember the answer exactly because I didn't have any AP scores. It was something like "enter AP scores under the first semester of the first college you attended" or whichever college will have it on their transcript I suppose.

hey just double checking on app status, when you have a page that says offical mcat score it is in correct, because i have a offical and unofficial page for mcat scores, also anyone hear anything from barry or kent?

hey just double checking on app status, when you have a page that says offical mcat score it is in correct, because i have a offical and unofficial page for mcat scores, also anyone hear anything from barry or kent?
Yes, your final application will have an "Official MCAT" page that shows what AACPMAS has received from AAMC and an "Unofficial MCAT" page which is what you reported in the main application, if you did so. I haven't heard anything from Barry or Kent yet.

Guys so Arizona informs us were invited for an interview through portal. How do the other schools let us know?