Aamc #5??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilovelucy

This is Lucy.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had success on AAMC number 5. I just took it and I want to cry. My score went down by 4 points from AAMC #3. I am taking the MCAT in June, so I have some time, but I just want to see how representative # 5 is.

I want to wait to take 8,9,10 until the end of May (closer to test time). Does anyone have any suggestions as to which I should take next (4,6,7). I don't think I can handle another punch in the stomach that #5 gave me today.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone had success on AAMC number 5. I just took it and I want to cry. My score went down by 4 points from AAMC #3. I am taking the MCAT in June, so I have some time, but I just want to see how representative # 5 is.

I want to wait to take 8,9,10 until the end of May (closer to test time). Does anyone have any suggestions as to which I should take next (4,6,7). I don't think I can handle another punch in the stomach that #5 gave me today.

take 4 next and then 6. it's best to go in order and not skip around

I just took AAMC 5 about ten minutes ago and damn, was that biology section difficult. The physical sciences was very rudimentary, but they really piled it on high with difficult questions in biological sciences. I'd say the more recent tests will be more indicative of your actual performance on test day, so don't sweat it :thumbup:

not to bring bad news, but i thought the earlier ones are supposed to be easier than the final ones?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not all of them...4 has been deemed as being generally difficult on the marking side...3 is regarded as being easier though. However, I would say that there is a noticeable shift between 6 and 7 and those before 7 are all easier.

I find that the earlier AAMC's have harder verbal sections... at least for me. I took AAMC 5 and found the verbal and physics fair but the bio was a bit difficult. The bio was difficult for me but I ended up getting the same score I usually get anyways. It is my strongest section and I pulled off a 13 when I felt like I was going to get an 11 or somthing on it.

As far as the later tests being harder, it really depends on what your own strengths and weaknesses are. I find the bio easier because I like the molecular genetics topics etc. Verbal is also easier on the more recent ones, at least for me anyways.