AAMC Practice Test 7 Misprint??!!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThePersianJew

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To whomever has taken practice test 7, on passage I discussing hydrazine production, does anyone know what the hell this sign means: ( ,)

I have never seen a ( ,) symbol before, is it a misprint or does it signify a certain state a chemical is in?

i know that its doesnt mean aqueous which is (aq) or solid which is (s) or even gas which is (g). Perhaps it is something i forgot? Would whoever has taken this and knows what it means please inform me, or perhaps verify that it is indeed a misprint??

for the sake of my sanity, and forthcoming ulcers, please help.

Members don't see this ad.

ThePersianJew said:
To whomever has taken practice test 7, on passage I discussing hydrazine production, does anyone know what the hell this sign means: ( ,)

I have never seen a ( ,) symbol before, is it a misprint or does it signify a certain state a chemical is in?

i know that its doesnt mean aqueous which is (aq) or solid which is (s) or even gas which is (g). Perhaps it is something i forgot? Would whoever has taken this and knows what it means please inform me, or perhaps verify that it is indeed a misprint??

for the sake of my sanity, and forthcoming ulcers, please help.

I wondered about that myself. I have absolutely no clue... but you can actually answer all of the questions correctly without knowing what it means. :)

For question #7 you just need to see that there are 7 moles of gas on the right side of the equation and 3 moles of whatever the (,) means on the left. So entropy of reaction is > 0 regardless of what (,) is.

stupid misprint. i took it today, and i got questions wrong becuz of that. GRR

TPR sent out a correction form for AAMC 7. Apparently that (,) should be (l) but a curly l for liquid. Apparently that typo occurs multiple times in the test. They also sent an entire new page for page 21 (passage VIII), and said that one of hte answers in the printed form (question 169) is incorrect (D, not B).

I haven't taken it yet so I'm not willing to read the corrected passage to figure out how it's different. Sorry.