aamc practice test really low

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramifications

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have been hearing that the aamc practice test is actually easier than kaplan and princeton. My test is in just about a week and I have been taking full lengths for a long while, never going above 500. Here are my scores:

NS 1/2 length: 494
Kaplan FL1: 498, 499, 496, 494, 495

Then I just took the AAMC: 499

I didn't do well in CARS and Psych which I have actually been improving on my kaplan scores. Each section was below 45% I think.

I felt so dejected today and have been depressed because the practice aamc was supposed to be significantly better. I did have several interruptions at the place I was taking the test and even had to get up from my original seating to another place because people were making a lot of noise. I felt there were content and pacing issues that I had but I felt that after the initial section C/P, I gathered momentum to finish on time for each section with just under a minute left.

I cannot push back my exam because I want to move out and obtain a job. But I did want to have someone tell me how they did with a similar experience on the actual exam.

Members don't see this ad.

In general from what I have seen, people are saying the scored practice is easier than the actual MCAT. Also most people are scoring within 2 points of their scored practice test. I personally just took the MCAT on May 20th and I felt like it was much harder than either practice AAMC test. If you scored sub 500 on the test, you may find the actual to be even more of a struggle. I would recommend pushing it until you're scoring higher if possible. Better to have one high score than have to retake.

In general from what I have seen, people are saying the scored practice is easier than the actual MCAT. Also most people are scoring within 2 points of their scored practice test. I personally just took the MCAT on May 20th and I felt like it was much harder than either practice AAMC test. If you scored sub 500 on the test, you may find the actual to be even more of a struggle. I would recommend pushing it until you're scoring higher if possible. Better to have one high score than have to retake.
Same. I got a 520 on the scored and 91% on the sample and really did not feel good about the test.