Acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CSPM so far, the school was ok. Everyone was really nice, I enjoyed it. Going to AZPod in two weeks. Hopefully I'll get in there.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been accepted to NYCPM, Barry, and OCPM. Still waiting on Scholl.

Hi. I just received an invitation of interview from CSPM. Does anyone get an invitation of interview without submitting MCAT score, Letter of recommendation, and transcripts? And after interview what will happen? (will they wait to see my mcat score anyway? and make decision?)NYCPM told me that I will get an invitation after Jan MCAT score. If anybody in the simmilar situation, please let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. I just received an invitation of interview from CSPM. Does anyone get an invitation of interview without submitting MCAT score, Letter of recommendation, and transcripts? And after interview what will happen? (will they wait to see my mcat score anyway? and make decision?)NYCPM told me that I will get an invitation after Jan MCAT score. If anybody in the simmilar situation, please let me know.

they will not make the decision w/o the mcat.

if they like you enough, they will offer you a conditional accpetance.

I interviewed at Barry, DMU, Temple, NYCPM, Scholl, and CSPM w/o an MCAT score. Received interviews to all 8 schools and will be going to AZPOD next month. Have 3.7 GPA, four good LOR, a lot of shadowing experience.

Temple was the only school that put my application on hold but it is okay since I did not like my experience there compared to the other schools. I got conditionally accepted to the 5 others. Scholl gave me a half tuition scholarship and DMU offered 3K.

Thank you for the info, zmeflyby and jewmongous. I have a GPA 3.6 but NY did not give me an interview w/o Mcat score.

I'm also in a similar situation...I still have to finish 3 prereqs and take the January MCAT. I applied to Scholl, Temple, DMU, NYCPM, and OCPM. NYCPM and Scholl appear to be waiting for my MCATs. GPA is 3.8 (without 3 classes though), and LOR's aren't in yet. I interviewed at Temple last week and I have ones scheduled for OCPM and DMU.

I'm not sure how this conditional acceptance thing works...do they give you a certain score you have to make in order to get in for certain or do they just say they'll decide after they see them?

Good luck to everyone applying, and happy Thanksgiving!

I'll tell you what I heard from the schools regarding my conditional acceptance.

DMU said get a minimum of 20 on the MCAT or 19/20 on DAT. This is for receiving 3K scholarship too.

CSPM said minimum of 16 on the MCAT (they ONLY take the MCAT)

Scholl...minimum of 17 on the MCAT (only take the MCAT). Also this is for half tuition scholarship.

An admissions person at Barry said "just take the MCAT"

I forgot about NYCPM.

I'm also in a similar situation...I still have to finish 3 prereqs and take the January MCAT. I applied to Scholl, Temple, DMU, NYCPM, and OCPM. NYCPM and Scholl appear to be waiting for my MCATs. GPA is 3.8 (without 3 classes though), and LOR's aren't in yet. I interviewed at Temple last week and I have ones scheduled for OCPM and DMU.

I'm not sure how this conditional acceptance thing works...do they give you a certain score you have to make in order to get in for certain or do they just say they'll decide after they see them?

Good luck to everyone applying, and happy Thanksgiving!

hm, they will ask for a min. score, no doubt. The bad thing about being conditionally accepted is that once you're "accepted" you will have to put the deposit within a month. And mostly likely, you wont know you're mcat score by then, so if you dont meet their requirement that means rejection (SOMETIMES). Sometimes you might get lucky.

I already put in a $500 deposit to scholl to hold a spot. CSPM granted me an extra month to make a decision so that was nice. Not sure about DMU but I loved the place and will definitely put in a deposit when I find out about it.

Overall, I thought it was crazy that scholl would allow a 17 and cali a 16. In addition, DMU did not even specify for me to take the MCAT...they said it could even be the DAT. I have a pretty good GPA but I'm not sure how this factors in their decision of a minimum MCAT score.

I already put in a $500 deposit to scholl to hold a spot. CSPM granted me an extra month to make a decision so that was nice. Not sure about DMU but I loved the place and will definitely put in a deposit when I find out about it.

Overall, I thought it was crazy that scholl would allow a 17 and cali a 16. In addition, DMU did not even specify for me to take the MCAT...they said it could even be the DAT. I have a pretty good GPA but I'm not sure how this factors in their decision of a minimum MCAT score.

DMU telling you that they'll take the MCAT or DAT surprises me, since the whole MCAT as the only admissions test pretty much started here. In fact, with the help from a few other delegates from the other schools, it was last years IPMSA President and the former 4th year APMSA delegate from DMU that put that resolution into the APMSA HOD. I just think it's bad business to tell everyone that you're going to do one thing, then you sort of go behind people's backs and allow other things to happen. I know that DMU says the DAT is a case by case basis, but that's definitely not what they're telling the current students are going on. Thoughts fellow DMUer's?

Dens,
I agree. The only way to be completely objective is to use one standard entrance exam, whatever that may be. As of right now it's the MCAT and that's all that should be allowed for an entrance exam. Otherwise you're comparing apples to oranges.

I'll tell you what I heard from the schools regarding my conditional acceptance.

DMU said get a minimum of 20 on the MCAT or 19/20 on DAT. This is for receiving 3K scholarship too.

CSPM said minimum of 16 on the MCAT (they ONLY take the MCAT)

Scholl...minimum of 17 on the MCAT (only take the MCAT). Also this is for half tuition scholarship.

An admissions person at Barry said "just take the MCAT"

I forgot about NYCPM.

Wow, it's interesting to see the minimum scores of other schools. So much for raising the bar.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, it's interesting to see the minimum scores of other schools. So much for raising the bar.

maybe this is the minimum for that person since the GPA was so high, but Im guessing they wouldn't accept a person with a 2.5 GPA with that score, jmo.

maybe this is the minimum for that person since the GPA was so high, but Im guessing they wouldn't accept a person with a 2.5 GPA with that score, jmo.

That could be true but even with a great GPA those are really low scores.

Just paid my deposit for AZPOD, anyone else heading to the valley of the sun?

If my interview goes well next Friday...then maybe! I'm really thinking between AZPOD, DMU...scholl too more or less.

I applied all 8 schools and got invitation of interview from all except scholl, temple and NY.
Is NY getting selective this year? I expected to receive an invitation from NY before DMU and AZpod. But NY said they will invite me after I take Mcat in Jan 2008.

I obviously am going to Temple, but was also accepted to Barry and NYCPM

thus far TEMPLE and NYCPM...still waiting to hear from CSPM.

Congrats to everybody who has been accepted. I was wondering if you some of you could please list all the schools you applied to, which ones you got accepted to, and what your undergrad stats and involvements are? Thanks!

I was very surprised. I thought the average score of everyone taking the MCAT was 24. It's kind of scary to see 16's or 17's

It is possible to accept a 16/17 and the average still be 24.

I remember reading the 24 on the MCAT website. It's the average for EVERYONE who takes the test, regardless if they go into pod,MD, DO, etc school.

I guess it depends on the individual school what's the lowest score they accept.

I have interviews coming up in January for AZ, Des Moines and Temple...how long after the interview do they tell you their decisions?? I have NYCPM, Barry and CSPM waiting for their deposits...argh

Hi guys,

I interviewed at AZPOD on 12/07/07 and got in! Anyone else class of AZPOD c/o 2012?

I interviewed on the same day as you. I'm the guy from new york. Are you definitely going to AZPOD?

I interviewed on the same day as you. I'm the guy from new york. Are you definitely going to AZPOD?

Hey JEWmongous, I've been reading your posts and think we're in similar situations. I was accepted to OCPM, Scholl with a half tuition scholarship, DMU with a 4k scholarship, and am interviewing at AZPod next week. Out of the 3 Midwest schools, I'm leaning heavily toward Scholl. I'm also very interested in AzPod as an Arizona native. I know you interviewed in Arizona, what were your impressions? Were they able to offer you scholarships anywhere near that of Scholl? I'm having a difficult time deciding between Scholl and AZPod (assuming I'll get into AZPod!), especially in light of some bad rumors about AZPod. I'm curious to hear what you think, or if anyone else has any ideas as well. Thanks!;)

Hey JEWmongous, I've been reading your posts and think we're in similar situations. I was accepted to OCPM, Scholl with a half tuition scholarship, DMU with a 4k scholarship, and am interviewing at AZPod next week. Out of the 3 Midwest schools, I'm leaning heavily toward Scholl. I'm also very interested in AzPod as an Arizona native. I know you interviewed in Arizona, what were your impressions? Were they able to offer you scholarships anywhere near that of Scholl? I'm having a difficult time deciding between Scholl and AZPod (assuming I'll get into AZPod!), especially in light of some bad rumors about AZPod. I'm curious to hear what you think, or if anyone else has any ideas as well. Thanks!;)

From what I have heard, midwestern's DO program has greatly increased their class size to like 250 seats or so.
Azpod is going to increase their number of seats next year, but the question is by how many?

I hope its not more than OCPM. :laugh:

So I got interviews from temple, NYCOM, AZPOD, and CaliPod which were all that I applied to.. after getting accepted into Calipod I canceled my NYCOM and Temple interviews since I am in AZ and they are so far away but kept my AZPOD interview which I just had on 3/26.. anyone know how long until you hear back or how many seats are left at this point?