ACT/SAT vs. 2015 MCAT correlation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACT: 31, SAT: 2030, MCAT: 516

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't study a day for the ACT, had no idea what the science section was and it tanked my score (I think i got like a 23 on the sci section), but got 32 on Math and Crit reading. My SAT/ACT high CR did not correlate to a high VR on most days. Barely studied for SAT. Studied ~3 1/2-4 weeks for MCAT (wish I had longer)

28 Composite ACT
1210/1600 SAT
31 MCAT
(this obvi cant be used for this stat round up, but the more you know)

Notice a sampling bias here. Majority of MCAT scores are above 90~95th percentile.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, there is no correlation in my perspective. ACT/SAT require no preparation, just practice tests. For MCAT, you can get the objective questions right by studying your heart out.

ACT: 36
SAT: 2330
MCAT: 513.

:(. The major problem for me was the testing environment in the MCAT. High security and an 8 hour long test really took a toll on me and my scores dropped in the last section.

Lol, there is no correlation in my perspective. ACT/SAT require no preparation, just practice tests. For MCAT, you can get the objective questions right by studying your heart out.

ACT: 36
SAT: 2330
MCAT: 513.

:(. The major problem for me was the testing environment in the MCAT. High security and an 8 hour long test really took a toll on me and my scores dropped in the last section.

There is definently a correlation, may not be a strong one but there is one nonetheless. I think there is a disconnect in ACT/SAT and MCAT for a variety of reasons but to name a couple:

1. In my experience very few high school students actually try in high school. This drives up the score of students that tried/studied for the ACT/SAT. Further, when it is time for the MCAT most people are mature enough to realize what is important and put in effort for the exam. In this way the disparity in effort is reduced and scores become more a function of ability compared to the ACT/SAT (I'm not saying the MCAT is all ability, just that ability matters more for MCAT than ACT/SAT).

2. The question type is different. The ACT was simply a test of what you had learned with mostly primary and secondary level question. Conversely, the MCAT was largely composed of tertiary and quaternary questions. Simply remembers rules and memorized facts wasn't sufficient, one must be able to synthesize new info and integrate it with previously learned facts/rules to deduce an answer.

I could go on but this post is getting long so I will leave it at that. Nonetheless a 513 is a good score and you should be proud of it.

SAT: 1900 super scored taken 3 times
MCAT: 517
Correlation: very little

31 ACT. 507 MCAT. Bombed CARS, got in 99 percentile reading on ACT. Little correlation

SAT: 2190
ACT: 32
MCAT: 517

21 ACT. 510 MCAT.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

SAT: 1850 ( I didn't study AT ALL for this test..critical reading was my lowest section)
MCAT: 512 ( I studied for 3.5 months)...CARS 124 -_-

According to the graph I should have had a 515 based on my SAT score lol..

2100 SAT, 517 MCAT. Looks like I'm right on dat trend line