Adding Letter of Recommendation After Application is Complete?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Heplayer92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My application is fortunately complete at most of the schools that I have applied to.

One of my LoRs (very strong, not required) just arrived and I would like to add this to some schools. Does anyone know how this works? Will it push my application file back as "newly marked complete" at the new date?

Also, will sending in a new LoR be advantageous later in the cycle? For instance, if I'm lucky enough to get an interview/waitlist or something.

Thanks y'all

Members don't see this ad.

bump, have this exact same question. Just finished working my summer job and got the LoR from my manager today-should my first step be assuring this addition would be considered by the schools I am already complete at? AMCAS notifies schools that a letter has been added but would I still need to send an email to let them know what my situation is?

also, once a LOR gets uploaded onto AMCAS (like it says that its been received by AMCAS), how long does it take for schools to receive them and mark them as received on your status page?

Reactions: 1 user