Letter of Recommendation Mix-Up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medfella

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently got an email from one of the schools I applied to saying one of my letter of recs had an error because the designated name on AMCAS does not match the name signed on the letter. It is a long story about why this is but its the correct letter just the wrong name in AMCAS. I created a new letter entry with the right name on AMCAS and submitted it to the school, but I am worried now that other schools will have a similar issue. Do I send the new letter to all of my schools and explain the situation or just ride it out? This school does not use the AMP website for secondaries and they are the only school that has said something. I've also got an interview invite for a school to which I sent the letter to. I am stuck debating whether or not its worth bringing attention to it or risking some schools not seeing it (its my strongest letter in my opinion). Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I recently got an email from one of the schools I applied to saying one of my letter of recs had an error because the designated name on AMCAS does not match the name signed on the letter. It is a long story about why this is but its the correct letter just the wrong name in AMCAS. I created a new letter entry with the right name on AMCAS and submitted it to the school, but I am worried now that other schools will have a similar issue. Do I send the new letter to all of my schools and explain the situation or just ride it out? This school does not use the AMP website for secondaries and they are the only school that has said something. I've also got an interview invite for a school to which I sent the letter to. I am stuck debating whether or not its worth bringing attention to it or risking some schools not seeing it (its my strongest letter in my opinion). Please help!
AMCAS help desk?