admissions and pre reqs completion

Futuredentist(hopefully)

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im applying this cycle in June to dental schools and plan on finishing physics 2 (my last pre req) during the next fall semester which i would get a grade by the end of December. Will my application be looked at/given interviews as soon as i submit it in June/July OR will they not look into it/give me interviews until December when i have a grade for physics 2? I am just a little concerned with the chance of not receiving any interviews until after i complete all pre reqs which by then many interview seats will be taken up. My current stats are 3.67 overall gpa, 3.73 science gpa, 21AA, 21TS, and 23 PAT with shadowing, leadership position in a club, orgo TA at my university and minimal volunteer experience. Ik many have said before as long as you complete pre reqs b4 matriculating youll be fine but i want to know if ill get late interviews as a consequence to not finishing pre reqs until december while applying in june.

Members don't see this ad.

you have a chance to write your planned courses when you fill out your transcripts manually so they'll know what you're taking in the fall. You will be fine!

Reactions: 1 user
you have a chance to write your planned courses when you fill out your transcripts manually so they'll know what you're taking in the fall. You will be fine!
But will i get interviews late as compared to an applicant who finished the pre reqs and applies the same time as me?

But will i get interviews late as compared to an applicant who finished the pre reqs and applies the same time as me?
a majority of us dont finish prereqs until spring semester of our last year, your stats are good, write a genuine personal statement and essays to the schools you're applying to and enjoy the ride! you cant guarantee an interview even with a 4.0 and all prereqs done before applying. but it sounds like you will be fine