Advice for OPP COMAT success?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eokpar02

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We have to take the COMAT as a final for OMM; will reading Saverese and doing the questions be enough to get a good score?

Members don't see this ad.

Memorize this too. And search for anterior Chapman's points video. You'll have them all memorized and it'll get you TONS of points. Practice each one 3-5 times, then draw them out on your notes as soon as your test tutorial starts. You'll definitely appreciate it.
Viscerosomatics for COMLEX:

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone,

We have to take the COMAT as a final for OMM; will reading Saverese and doing the questions be enough to get a good score?

That, what abolt18 said, and this one:

That's all you need. Test is fine, just be sure to pace yourself well. It took me extra time to actually decipher what their questions were asking in their misleading/roundabout way.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was an interesting exam. I'd say there were maybe 3-4 VSR level questions out of 125 questions and legitimately 60 questions on ME and setups with at least 15 innominate ME questions.

It was an interesting exam. I'd say there were maybe 3-4 VSR level questions out of 125 questions and legitimately 60 questions on ME and setups with at least 15 innominate ME questions.
Seriously? Mine had at LEAST 20 VSR questions. Handful of Chapman's. Tons of type 2 vertebral, innominate, and sacrum stuff.

Seriously? Mine had at LEAST 20 VSR questions. Handful of Chapman's. Tons of type 2 vertebral, innominate, and sacrum stuff.

Mine had about 10-15 of VSRs and a decent number of Chapman's. Sacrum/pelvis was also big on mine.

I do remember plenty of ME setup questions also that would purposefully turn the setups around (as in write them in a non-intuitive way just to trick you). Those ones sucked up most of my time. Not difficult, just clearly trying to trick you (or just poorly written), I guess because if you know the technique, the question can't really be made any harder.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you guys. The exam was mainly: 1) Name the diagnosis, 2) How to set up ME. It was all first semester OMM. Very easy in my opinion. For future reference, a run through of Saverese with a focus on the first chapter and the muscle energy chapter is all you need. They didn't give enough time for the exam though. 125 questions in 150 minutes is hard work an requires you to be on the ball for every question.

So if I study with Saverese all the chapters and the 4 practice tests at end...that should be sufficient without COMBANK/COMQUEST questions right?

So if I study with Saverese all the chapters and the 4 practice tests at end...that should be sufficient without COMBANK/COMQUEST questions right?

Half the exam is:

1. Know how to make a diagnosis for vertebrae. What is the difference between Type 1 SD and Type 2 SD? How does cervical diagnosis differ from thoracic diagnosis?
2. Know how to set up Muscle Energy techniques.

I read Saverese for prep and I thought it was sufficient. They don't give you enough time so I would advise just reading the stem of the questions. No more than a minute per question.

I got a 91 raw score (there are 125 questions). I definitely think that Saverese is all you need.

My score report said 100 is average, with SD of 10. That the same for everyone else? Came out with a raw score of 118. Used those YouTube videos at the top if this thread and did a fast read through Savarese in the 3 days prior. Hope that means I'm good to go for the OMM portions of the COMLEX.

My score report said 100 is average, with SD of 10. That the same for everyone else? Came out with a raw score of 118. Used those YouTube videos at the top if this thread and did a fast read through Savarese in the 3 days prior. Hope that means I'm good to go for the OMM portions of the COMLEX.

Yup, I got the same score report. That's a very solid score, top few percent, nice job.

So what topics/chapters in Savarese should I focus on?

Just skim through the whole thing. Its not a long book. Focus on areas that you don't really remember. There was a lot of C/T spine stuff on mine as well as sacrum/pelvis and Chapman's. When I studied for it, I only got through skimming half the book and I did decently above average (I had actually studied for OPP throughout med school though).

Reactions: 1 user
Thank God for that Savarese book...

Last edited: