Advice needed fast!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted646902

Hi guys. So, I was on track to graduate on time. I picked "pre-med" my Sophmore year going into my junior year. Because of this I had to take several classes over the summer and stack my semesters to make everything work out....we'll everything was until this semester. I've had straight A's in all of my core classes save for chemistry 2. Right now I am in biochem and it is killing me. I'm probably going to end up getting a C- or D in the class. I don't know what to do....this ONE class is keeping me from graduating on time. Would you guys withdraw from the class and take it over the summer at a different university? Mine doesnt offer it over the summer. On top of this how would that look to an admissions committee? I was hoping I would be able to write something to the ad com in my app stating that I had to cram everthing into a short amount of time but still...its all a game of appearance. Any suggestions or experiences would be helpful. Thank you guys

Members don't see this ad.

I personally would drop it rather than get a D. Is there a reason you couldn't just take it next semester at your own school? Taking an extra semester isn't that big of a deal and if it's a core class I don't see how they'd let you graduate without having the credit for it.

Unfortunately if I was to take it next semester then I would have to push back my other classes that are required to graduate so it is a double edged sword. If I had to choose between the two I would rather take biochem by itself than with several other courses. Its just one of those things I guess. Poorly run course. Average on the exams as been 50% thus far.

Members don't see this ad :)
Retake Biochem next semester in place of some other class and then take that other class in the summer.

Is there a reason you recommend that? And the problem if I was to do that is none of the advanced courses are offered over the summer at my school so those would then have to be pushed to Fall Semester which would cost 3x as much money

Ok OP, if you don't need to take Biochem to graduate then you can withdraw from your class especially since you are taking old MCAT.
My suggestion to take it in the Spring was based on the assumption that you can take some of the classes that you had planned in the summer.
It's not going to be an issue for medical schools if you have to retake that one class elsewhere either before or after you graduate.

Btw my link was for Biochem videos.

ahhh alas there is the issue once again. This course is required for me to graduate ! Double edged swords all around haha