Advice needed for a friend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shadownght12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

A friend of mine just took their DAT today and really wanted to know the chances of getting in without retaking the exam.
Okay so she has a 4.0 GPA and is heavily involved in extracurriculars.
However, for the PAT she got an 11!
Her TS was a 20 and AA was a 19!
But the 11 is pretty much a deal breaker, right?!
Thanks in advance for the advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,

A friend of mine just took their DAT today and really wanted to know the chances of getting in without retaking the exam.
Okay so she has a 4.0 GPA and is heavily involved in extracurriculars.
However, for the PAT she got an 11!
Her TS was a 20 and AA was a 19!
But the 11 is pretty much a deal breaker, right?!
Thanks in advance for the advice.

Yeah it's a dealbreaker, she has to retake.

hey thanks,
Did you apply late because you have really good stats, but on PreDents you only have one interview thus far?

Members don't see this ad :)
The PAT is the kind of thing that can be easily improved with practice. No worries, after a retake your friend will be in great shape!

hey thanks,
Did you apply late because you have really good stats, but on PreDents you only have one interview thus far?

Well I had to take the DAT, which delayed things. My mail-out date was in early August and schools received my DAT on 08/24. I completed most of my secondaries recently (except for UCLA and Temple). Hopefully more interviews begin rolling in for me.

Well I had to take the DAT, which delayed things. My mail-out date was in early August and schools received my DAT on 08/24. I completed most of my secondaries recently (except for UCLA and Temple). Hopefully more interviews begin rolling in for me.

No wonder, don't worry, with your scores and stats, schools will be begging you to go to their school. You may just have to wait a few more weeks though.
Good Luck :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The PAT is the kind of thing that can be easily improved with practice. No worries, after a retake your friend will be in great shape!

Yea, an 11 shows a complete lack of preparation. According to the scoring guide its around 15 questions right out of 90.