advice on loma linda interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tayoub

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an invite for an interview at LLU and im so excited and nervous. Anyone have any advice about their interview process.

Anything random asked? Was it mostly about religion?

Members don't see this ad.

I just saw the "Invited for Interview" on my AADSAS. Did you get an email or did you just call them to schedule? I'm going to wait a few days for an email and if I don't get anything I'm just going to call unless otherwise suggested. Well, congrats on the interview, I'm not SDA and definately need some advice too.

I got the same thing on AADSAS. I think they usually send the interview invitations out by mail, so it might be a few days.

Congrats to you, too!I need all the advice I can get.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there last year and can say that it was the most in depth interview I went on. The interviewer didn't have a list of the standard questions that you're normally asked at these things. Instead, my interviewer basically asked me to tell him my life story including my spiritual journey. So for about an hour, we talked about my childhood, my family, my teenage years, etc. So be prepared to talk about your life. They really want to find out what makes you tick. Good luck.

spiritual journey? I got invited there without a spiritual leader rec letter. i'm buddhist. oh crap. help out if u still remember what they ask.

spiritual journey? I got invited there without a spiritual leader rec letter. i'm buddhist. oh crap. help out if u still remember what they ask.

They didn't ask anything tricky to trip me up or anything like that if that's what you're concerned about. They more or less wanted to talk about what I believe, how my faith developed, and how my faith affects my life. It really wasn't a question and answer session, it was more of a discussion about who I am and how I got to where I am. My religion was just a part of that story. I'm sure it's fine with them if you're buddhist. Not everyone who attends the school is SDA or even Christian. Just be prepared to talk about your religion and how it impacts your life.

I just saw the "Invited for Interview" on my AADSAS. Did you get an email or did you just call them to schedule? I'm going to wait a few days for an email and if I don't get anything I'm just going to call unless otherwise suggested. Well, congrats on the interview, I'm not SDA and definately need some advice too.

gdude, when I called and talked to the admissions office she stressed to me that it was crucial that students call as early as possible because interview slots vanish really fast. Don't hesitate to call and set it up cause the predecember slots might disappear here very shortly ( not trying to stress you out but I mean it to help you ) :D

do any past interviewees here remember how long the interview lasts? mine is scheduled at 1.30 pm and i need to figure out when to book my flight home that day

I got my AADSAS updated to "Invited for Interview" Friday, so I called LLU today (Monday) right at 8 AM to try and schedule an interview, but the lady told me I need to wait for some kind of letter in the mail. Was anyone able to schedule an interview without any letters? Maybe I just need to call at a different time and so that a different person answers?

theres plenty of nov dates left. i called today and there was still october. don't worry.

Im a D2 here. there is plenty of non SDA's in our class. LLU wants students who are honestly service oriented, have high morals and values, and students who what to give back to others and the community.

Im not telling you this so that you can go there and BS all that stuff because you wont enjoy your years here unless those things actually matter to you.

I would not stress to much about the interview. there are many different people who could interview you, and there is not 1 standard interview they all give.

like said above. LLU/the interview is actually good because they want to know about you and what made you the person you are and what and where you want to be. I like the fact that LLU is not just a gpa/dat numbers game. obviously this matters, but they want to make sure you are actually going to fit into their service mission and that you actually want to be there (and not just anywhere)

hey needa20, i checked ur predents and it shows you had an interview in october but received your acceptance in april. were you waitlisted on december 1st, or does LL not send out acceptances that early?

thanks for sharing that info btw

did they ask you about details material in dentistry during ur interview? Also, did they grind u alot about ur religion? thx. let me know anything else that can help my interview. i might see u there :)

I didn't have a single question about my stats, just basically, why loma/dentistry, family, hypothetical situation questions and some christian stuff. Mine lasted about an hour. Kind of intense compared to my unlv interview but still not that bad.

christian stuff because u are christian right? i'll probably read a lil basic about it but i'm screw if they ask more than 1 question about christian. thx

Personally, I think its a good idea to go in having a firm understanding of Seventh Day Adventists. Especially because the school is funded by the church and has a similar mission as well.

Schn,
Yes, I was wait listed. To my knowledge, they review applications and invite people for interviews. As they interview, they kind of put applicants in an order to accept (kind of a ranking), or reject of course. In Dec they start sending our acceptances, as they continue to interview. Im am guessing the list to accept continually gets modified as people say no or put deposits down, or they continue to add the people interviewing to the acceptance list. They basically keep reviewing the acceptance list and accepting people off of it until they fill up. then they create a wait list once full. then they prioritize the wait list. then they accept off the wait list as people turn down acceptances.

That is my understanding at least.

Promolion,
Im not sure I understand your first question; what details?
Per your religion question, I am SDA, so they did not grind me about it. There are plenty of non Sda's in the class and none of them have said they felt that way during the interview. The big thing is that you are service oriented, caring.... And honestly, this is not something that you should BS your way though. If you do not agree with the mission of LLU, you wont be happy here for 4 years.
Again, plenty of non SDA's in the class, but it is a very heavily Christian oriented school. For example, I would say at the beginning of many of our classes someone says a short prayer. During first and second year, once a week there is chapel that D1 and D2's must attend.
-If you do not agree with, or if these things make you feel uncomfortable, you need to remember that you will be here for 4 years.

To anyone,
LLU does not try to convert their students to their religion, but you will want to make sure your goals dont conflict with LLU's goal of service, and Christianity or it would be a looong 4 years.

Any Questions feel free to ask

well i like giving service to the homeless so i'll be fine. I heard loma is very strong clinically. can u explain y? any other strength?

Hi everyone

my Loma Linda interview is on Dec 8th and the person who will interview me is
Dr. Fred Kasischke, the associate dean of admissions. I was wondering if anyone has had an interview with him and can share some details about him. Anything will help out.
thank you so much

Hey So I have my interview coming up real soon. They said in the invite email that there is a tour, a brief essay, videos and a one on one interview. Does anyone know what to expect for the essay?

Hey So I have my interview coming up real soon. They said in the invite email that there is a tour, a brief essay, videos and a one on one interview. Does anyone know what to expect for the essay?

This is an old thread, but I will help.

I was there for a total of an hour and a half.

You get there and do an essay which takes about 15 minutes (just very general prompts to answer, you can choose one of two)
Then you interview for about 45 minutes
Then you take a tour from the top down through the school and out the door to the parking lot.

There is no presentation and no videos.

Reactions: 1 user