AEGD University of Rochester Interview for 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nobody talk about acceptance email or phone call, let me ask about rejection letter! Did anyone receive it?

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody talk about acceptance email or phone call, let me ask about rejection letter! Did anyone receive it?

Nada. How about you? I thought I heard that we would find out (for better or worse) near the end of February.

Sorry if this rains on anyones parade, but its time for all of us to start working towards 2012. Let us not wait for Rochester's rejection letter. Off to greener pastures. Perhaps UConn. They pay u know... Focusing on new goals now, and finishing my post grad SCL hopefully. Good luck to you all! Keep a light out on a window for me!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if this rains on anyones parade, but its time for all of us to start working towards 2012. Let us not wait for Rochester's rejection letter. Off to greener pastures. Perhaps UConn. They pay u know... Focusing on new goals now, and finishing my post grad SCL hopefully. Good luck to you all! Keep a light out on a window for me!
:(

Last edited:
Nada. How about you? I thought I heard that we would find out (for better or worse) near the end of February.
I'm still waiting, but i'm sure i'm gonna receive the rejection letter :(

Alright my friends, I just got my letter on the mail today. And I live in NY, so I believe whoever wasn't accepted is going to receive the letter in a few days/weeks.

Last edited:
To all my SDN Fellows:

We only live life ONCE.... Make the best out of it!!!

Good Luck in fulfilling your Dreams...

Alright my friends, I just got my letter on the mail today. And I live in NY, so I believe whoever wasn't accepted is going to receive the letter in a few days/weeks.:bullcrap:

Thanks for the news - either way, it is appreciated. The waiting has been torture.

To anyone who was accepted, did you interview on Nov. 9, 2010? Thanks

To all my SDN Fellows:

We only live life ONCE.... Make the best out of it!!!

Good Luck in fulfilling your Dreams...

Hi, Mario, did you receive the acceptance letter? If so, Congratulations!!
Please one question, is it true that besides the NBDE 1 and 2, to get license in NY one must complete an accredited PG program of at least 1 year and that´s it?
That would mean that the 2yrs of AEGD in UR wouldn´t be the only way.
Thanks!

Last edited:
At last all waiting came to an end !!! I received my rejection yesterday. Congratulations to all who got accepted and all who didn't KEEP YOUR HOPES ALIVE and send an even stronger application for the next cycle :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, Mario, did you receive the acceptance letter? If so, Congratulations!!
Please one question, is it true that besides the NBDE 1 and 2, to get license in NY one must complete an accredited PG program of at least 1 year and that´s it?
That would mean that the 2yrs of AEGD in UR wouldn´t be the only way.
Thanks!

No acceptance yet and yes, after the 2 yr program you would have to apply for a 1yr GPR program with stipend.

I would like to congratulate guys were accepted , Mrs foy stated all letters had been send see you in a few months I going to keep trying . See ya

I´m new to this forum and very interested in the AEGD program at UR, I want to know until what month can I apply to get an interview, as well as what is the candidate profile they look for..does the applicant need to have many years of clinical practice as well as have done research..I also heard something about a residency that needed to be done following the two year period to obtain license in NY??
Also does anyone know what is the age range of the applicants ..thanks

Last day of the month came with great news for me... I got my acceptance Letter... It has been quit a wait but it finally came to an end!!!:)

Hope the best to the rest!!!

mfonsec1

No I have not, but I haven't received a rejection either...
Hey Congratualtions mariocf70.. Please provide us with your details including NBDE,TOFEL, years of practice/expereince,dental school ranking or GPA? As I am interested in applying for 2012 session.. appreciate ur help.
Thanks.

Hey Congratualtions mariocf70.. Please provide us with your details including NBDE,TOFEL, years of practice/expereince,dental school ranking or GPA? As I am interested in applying for 2012 session.. appreciate ur help.
Thanks.

NO NDBE
NO TOELF (I am american citizen)
13 years private practice
Dental school rank: 6th out of 220

Congratulations to all accepted.. Question!! when the school will start accepting application again?? Thx

@ mariocf70
Thank you so much for your reply. . I am a fresh foreign graduate with very less clinical experience.. I havent done my masters too.. Do you think I stand a chance if I apply for 2012 ? What is it that they are actually looking for ??

@ mariocf70
Thank you so much for your reply. . I am a fresh foreign graduate with very less clinical experience.. I havent done my masters too.. Do you think I stand a chance if I apply for 2012 ? What is it that they are actually looking for ??

It is really hard to know what they are looking for in a candidate, in 2008 a really good friend of mine got accepted with 1 year experience in public hospital in his country, no boards, no private practice experience, decent TOEFL score, no masters degree but he was 1st of his class... really good student...
Do you live in the US at this moment?

Regards

It is really hard to know what they are looking for in a candidate, in 2008 a really good friend of mine got accepted with 1 year experience in public hospital in his country, no boards, no private practice experience, decent TOEFL score, no masters degree but he was 1st of his class... really good student...
Do you live in the US at this moment?

Regards

Txs 4 the complement!:thumbup: the only thing that is needed is a positive attitude and a little of luck...

I will see you There to start Next Year Parner..:thumbup:
Hey Paul , we will see each other just one month because Im graduating by the end of June. Hit me a private message if you need anything, I'll be more than happy 2 help....

Hey Paul , we will see each other just one month because Im graduating by the end of June. Hit me a private message if you need anything, I'll be more than happy 2 help....

Hope you invite me to your graduation!!!:xf:

Thanks.....

If you want to apply to this program to get the license, you are wasting your time. apparently the faculty staff is only interested in old dentists without nbde and with low possibilities to pass the boards and clinical exams. they just dont wanna give licenses to everyone.

its a waste of time and money.

If you want to apply to this program to get the license, you are wasting your time. apparently the faculty staff is only interested in old dentists without nbde and with low possibilities to pass the boards and clinical exams. they just dont wanna give licenses to everyone.

its a waste of time and money.

U r completely WRONG....Im a current resident , and u r insulting a lot of people with what u r saying. If the only thing that u r looking for is getting a license and not the learning experience , is going to be very hard 4 u the get in here or anywhere u apply. Because that's exactly the people they DONT WANT and pretty sure they will prefer the " old dentists without nbde and with low possibilities to pass the boards and clinical exams" that want to learn. And by the way Im 28 years old.

U r completely WRONG....Im a current resident , and u r insulting a lot of people with what u r saying. If the only thing that u r looking for is getting a license and not the learning experience , is going to be very hard 4 u the get in here or anywhere u apply. Because that's exactly the people they DONT WANT and pretty sure they will prefer the " old dentists without nbde and with low possibilities to pass the boards and clinical exams" that want to learn. And by the way Im 28 years old.

I am 36 and if you think that this is old you must be a teenager.
My Goal is get there, learn more , get my license and the main goal Teach @ Rochester.
:thumbup: Cheers Mate

I am 36 and if you think that this is old you must be a teenager.
My Goal is get there, learn more , get my license and the main goal Teach @ Rochester.
:thumbup: Cheers Mate

Go 4 it :thumbup: there is nothing that can stop u from fulfilling ur dreams:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

i thought rochester's AEGD is under MATCH system. so it wont send out rejection letters right? you will notify by the MATCH if you got matched or not. i didnt receive my rejection letters this yr. please correct me if im wrong.
this yr application starts on may 18. any suggestions to impress them on the interview? thank you.

i thought rochester's AEGD is under MATCH system. so it wont send out rejection letters right? you will notify by the MATCH if you got matched or not. i didnt receive my rejection letters this yr. please correct me if im wrong.
this yr application starts on may 18. any suggestions to impress them on the interview? thank you.

is only MATCH if u r a US or CAN graduate

Age is NEVER a problem when your GOALS are set an your attitude is positive!!! im 41 and starting the program june 1 2011!!!

:thumbup:
:thumbup::thumbup: Well said!
ROCHESTER.....WAIT FOR ME...I SENT ALL MY PAPERS...AND I HOPE THE CALL ME FOR IV.
MARIO NOW THAT YOU ARE GOING TO BE THERE PLEASE KEEP ME INFORM ABOUT THE PROGRAM..XANDER DID A GOOD JOB WITH THAT, BUT PROSTHO IS WAITING FOR HIM.
THANK YOU ALL.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:thumbup:
ROCHESTER.....WAIT FOR ME...I SENT ALL MY PAPERS...AND I HOPE THE CALL ME FOR IV.
MARIO NOW THAT YOU ARE GOING TO BE THERE PLEASE KEEP ME INFORM ABOUT THE PROGRAM..XANDER DID A GOOD JOB WITH THAT, BUT PROSTHO IS WAITING FOR HIM.
THANK YOU ALL.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
All my best 4 u , don't worry I know u will do fine. :thumbup:

Hi,
Congrats to those who could make it to the program and good luck to others. I am an international dentist and interested in applying for AEGD 2012. Can you please guide me which programs are good and welcoming for international dentists.
Thanks.

After completing this program,one will get a license mentioning DDS?
and person can work on patients,it not that person can just do research and teaching?

Xander and others if you please kindly give us feedback about finding job after completing this program,what was your experience,it will be truly helpful and appreciated.

After completing this program,one will get a license mentioning DDS?
and person can work on patients,it not that person can just do research and teaching?

Xander and others if you please kindly give us feedback about finding job after completing this program,what was your experience,it will be truly helpful and appreciated.

There no stupid questions Sadaf, and Im happy that I can clear ur doubts. After the two years of AEGD , you get a certificate equivalent to a DDS which you can use to practice on patients as a every clinical dentist does. Depending on the state u want to practice u will have to do a GPR, WREB, NERB or state board ( and of course part1 &2).

Hope this helps.

Thanks Xander :):):)
one more question.How much does this whole program cost?do you know the link for that.US trained dentists gets stipend,but what about us?
and if you please kindly let us know approximate cost of program plus accomodation per year?
Thanks a lot in advance :) :) :)

Last edited:
If someone please kindly tell us,how are the school districts in Rochester,as i have kids and they are in elementary schools and junior high school.Right now they are in nation's one of the best school district,if they have to move out of this district,would they be able to find any competitive school district in rochester,and if someone know school district names please post here so i can google it.
Thanks a lot :):):)