Alliant International University—Fresno (Psy.D.)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjz2

Reaction score
Opinions on Alliant International University—Fresno (Psy.D.)? Seems good face value and their stats have said 100% match rate for APA internships since 2017. Small cohort too. However, I saw a reddit post that said it is a diploma mill. Does that just mean its a lot of money and not a good program?

Members don't see this ad.

It's a diploma mill.

They use a captive internship to game the internship match stats and cover up how poor their training is and how much difficulty their students have in matching for internship.

Only 57% of their graduates are able to get licensed, which is appalling for a program focused solely on clinical training and whose graduates do no have any other options beyond that, especially if they cannot get licensed.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Probably the only justifiable reason to do Alliant is you have to stay in California, have valid rationale/future career plan to need a doctorate over an MS degree, you're an excellent student so you can overcome whatever 'training' that's provided and you're comfortable with lots of debt (e.g., such as having faith in public service loan forgiveness or VA EDRP programs) and contributing a lot of your future income to this process.

I know a few Alliant grads who are excellent clinicians. I imagine some went to Alliant because they honestly didn't know any better at the time.

But if you're an good candidate and you're not taking care of an ailing family member near Fresno or have a partner who earns a top 10% income job in the Bay Area that can't be relocated or something like that, Alliant is like the almost fully backwashed last sip from a drink type of option.

Reactions: 2 users