Already applied this cycle, dropping a course, what do I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maineroot

C/O 2021 (Accepted!)
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends,

My applications have already been sent in this cycle, and I am planning on dropping my Biomedical Ethics course that I am currently taking so I can focus more on my thesis work because I am graduating in December. This course is not necessary for me to graduate in December, and I didn't use it as a pre-requisite for any of my vet school applications. It will show up on my transcript as a W, for withdrawn. What do I need to do to not have this hurt me. Do I need to notify the schools I applied to? Will this hurt my chances of being accepted in anyway?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi friends,

My applications have already been sent in this cycle, and I am planning on dropping my Biomedical Ethics course that I am currently taking so I can focus more on my thesis work because I am graduating in December. This course is not necessary for me to graduate in December, and I didn't use it as a pre-requisite for any of my vet school applications. It will show up on my transcript as a W, for withdrawn. What do I need to do to not have this hurt me. Do I need to notify the schools I applied to? Will this hurt my chances of being accepted in anyway?

Thanks in advance
I'd contact the schools you applied to directly via email. That way you have a paper trail in case anything hits the fan. It's probably not going to be a huge deal as it's not a pre req and not needed for your degree, but always best to double check!

Members don't see this ad :)
I highly, highly doubt that it will be an issue since it is not a pre-req. I wound up dropping physics 2 after being accepted to ISU as they did not require the class for admission and no one batted an eye at it... I don't even think I contacted the school about it, honestly.

Thanks for the responses! This will be my only W on my transcript so I dont really see it as being an issue. I feel like as long as I explain it as wanting more time to work on my thesis and add hours for work they will understand. Always good to make sure!