Already applied, was scheduled for Septemer 27 for MCAT. Reschedule in January?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mkani2020

Reaction score
I have a cough and fever and they won't let me take test with covid symptoms. Should I send an updated letter to MD's letting them know I will be rescheduing for January?

Members don't see this ad.

Even though most schools have a deadline for an MCAT, I would still contact the ones you've applied to and explain that you currently have COVID symptoms and were barred from testing and, unfortunately, cannot test again until January. You might get nowhere, but you might be pleasantly surprised.

I have a cough and fever and they won't let me take test with covid symptoms. Should I send an updated letter to MD's letting them know I will be rescheduing for January?

Oh boy! So, on Tuesday you were wondering how late you could be when you had a test scheduled for Sunday, and by Friday you came down with an illness that made it impossible to take the test. This really sucks.

You are not going to receive a definitive answer here, but really will have to contact each and every school and ask. Penn has indicated it will wait until January, as have a few other schools as indicated on the list @BJoverTrapper was kind enough to link above.

Beyond that, I'm afraid you will find yourself SOL. Maybe someone will make an exception for you, but schools worry about litigation whenever they make exceptions for one without making them available for all, and, if they were going to make this particular exception, they would have done so in time for people other than you to have been able to take advantage of it (like Penn did!).

The problem you are dealing with is, while it has been possible to push things back a little now, that becomes difficult in the new year. Spring deadlines aren't moving for schools to make decisions, and for candidates to respond, and classes will start as scheduled next summer. That makes it really difficult for schools to put their process on hold until next February while waiting for your score.

I really hope you don't have COVID, and that you feel better soon. You are probably looking at a reapplication if you weren't able to take the test today. Maybe this is a lesson for everyone about waiting until the last possible minute to complete a task. Good luck!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users