This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future-Eye-Doc

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone else was placed on an alternate list/ waitlist for class of 2024 after interviewing at Midwestern's optometry program in Arizona.
-If so, how long did it take for you to come off the list (if you did come off)?
-Is it because all the seats filled up for class of 2024?
-If anyone has experience being on the alternate list at AZCOPT please share what we should expect, and what was your experience?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone else was placed on an alternate list/ waitlist for class of 2024 after interviewing at Midwestern's optometry program in Arizona.
-If so, how long did it take for you to come off the list (if you did come off)?
-Is it because all the seats filled up for class of 2024?
-If anyone has experience being on the alternate list at AZCOPT please share what we should expect, and what was your experience?

Thank you!

Hi, were you put on an alternate/wait list? Did you ever end up hearing back? Thanks!

Hello! Has anyone ever done a dual application to 2 programs for Midwestern or any other university? For example applying to the dental program but also transferring you're application to the optometry program within the same application cycle. If so can you please message me, thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Has anyone ever done a dual application to 2 programs for Midwestern or any other university? For example applying to the dental program but also transferring you're application to the optometry program within the same application cycle. If so can you please message me, thank you!!

Hi! I haven't done this personally, but I have asked if others have done this. Applying to multiple programs at Midwestern or any other university shows the university you are unsure of what you want. You have to be confident in the field you want to study and show that you are willing to commit to the program. Applying to one university's multiple programs at once can lead to denial since the applicant will seem indecisive. Are you thinking of applying to MWU's Optometry and Dental Programs? Good luck to you!

I have done a dual application to both Nova Southeastern dental and optometry and got into both programs. Let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, were you put on an alternate/wait list? Did you ever end up hearing back? Thanks!

Hi! Yes, I am still on the waitlist and I haven't heard back yet :/ It can take all the way until classes start in August for me to hear back. There has not been a movement on the waitlist either.

Hi! I haven't done this personally, but I have asked if others have done this. Applying to multiple programs at Midwestern or any other university shows the university you are unsure of what you want. You have to be confident in the field you want to study and show that you are willing to commit to the program. Applying to one university's multiple programs at once can lead to denial since the applicant will seem indecisive. Are you thinking of applying to MWU's Optometry and Dental Programs? Good luck to you!
So I do agree with you on the admissions thinking the applicant is not confident in what field they want to go into. But its my second time applying so I just wanted to see if I would be able to transfer my application over becasue Midwestern is one of the schools that lets you transfer apps over. But yes I was thinking to apply to the dental and optometry program at Midwestern!

Hello everyone ! can anyone share there experience at the interview at AZ midwestern? I have an interview coming up very soon ! Thank you guys

Hello everyone ! can anyone share there experience at the interview at AZ midwestern? I have an interview coming up very soon ! Thank you guys
I interviewed for AZ midwestern last cycle. Nice people, super relaxed interview, felt like I was having a casual, laid-back conversation. I remember them asking why AZ midwestern but I don't even remember if they asked me why optometry lol. I was even late on interview day because I had a hard time finding the interview building, but turns out they didn't mind.

Congratulations on your interview!! I hope to interview there soon. After submitting your app, how long did it take to get an interview invitation?

So I do agree with you on the admissions thinking the applicant is not confident in what field they want to go into. But its my second time applying so I just wanted to see if I would be able to transfer my application over becasue Midwestern is one of the schools that lets you transfer apps over. But yes I was thinking to apply to the dental and optometry program at Midwestern!
did you hear back from either program? Im doing the same!

Hi! Yes, I am still on the waitlist and I haven't heard back yet :/ It can take all the way until classes start in August for me to hear back. There has not been a movement on the waitlist either.
Hi! Sorry this is an old forum, but did you ever get accepted to AZCOPT? I applied to MWU/CCO, got an interview but then was placed on the alternate list. I know it is still early in the cycle but do you know how long it takes?