am i applying to too many schools?? not enough maybe??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BallDontLie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well im just about ready to send in my application, but im not quite sure if i have a good number/selection of schools on my list. Here it is:

Michigan, UDM (MI resident), Case, Pitt, Marquette, Tufts, NOVA, and 2 reach schools (Columbia and Penn)

My main question is, based on my stats, do i have a good enough variety of schools to get into at least one of them? should i be adding a "safety" school?? Also, do have a reasonable shot at my reach schools, or should i be taking them off my list and adding more viable options.

any input would be appreciated...thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would say based on your stats that you have a great shot at Michigan, UDM, and Tufts. I was accepted to Tufts and UDM and even though my GPA was a little higher than yours, my DAT was lower. UDM pretty much requires an 18 in each section so you look good. I really wouldn't apply to anymore schools than the ones you listed.

nrlee said:
Well im just about ready to send in my application, but im not quite sure if i have a good number/selection of schools on my list. Here it is:

Michigan, UDM (MI resident), Case, Pitt, Marquette, Tufts, NOVA, and 2 reach schools (Columbia and Penn)

My main question is, based on my stats, do i have a good enough variety of schools to get into at least one of them? should i be adding a "safety" school?? Also, do have a reasonable shot at my reach schools, or should i be taking them off my list and adding more viable options.

Given your stats I think you have a good shot at a lot of the schools on your list. Between 7-9 schools seems reasonable to me. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
from other people's stats that i've seen (on SDN) who have gotton into the schools you have listed, your stats look good enough. ->but that's only looking at stats(numbers), do schools look at anything else ? nahh

Your list looks very solid to me, both in the number and selection of schools. Good luck.

nrlee said:

Hey there,

Looks good to me! You should get into UM and UDM, assuming schools in Michigan would be your first choices. Nice DAT and GO BLUE!

thanks for the advice everyone!!

any thoughts on my reach schools? am i competitive enough to make it worth my while to apply? or is that PAT really gonna nail me?