Am I behind in my Application process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CorpsmanToMO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have pretty much finished my application process but still have not submitted it yet. I plan on submitting it in the next week after putting the finishing touches on it. However I have not yet got any letters of recommendation started, but they should not take too long. Also I am taking the MCAT sept 12th so it will be a month for those scores to get in as well. My question is am I behind in this game already?

Members don't see this ad.

A bit, yes... AACOMAS takes 6-8 weeks just to verify, so your app will not be sent to the schools for... a while.

It's kinda late but its not so late that you would only be interviewing for a waitlist spot.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sending out my primaries this week...just waiting on one transcript ...is it really 6 weeks??

been six weeks already, nothing yet. I am not a special case either, they received my transcript before i submitted. How hard can it be, they just had to match one transcript with the crap in my application. :boom:

been six weeks already, nothing yet. I am not a special case either, they received my transcript before i submitted. How hard can it be, they just had to match one transcript with the crap in my application. :boom:
Well you app and about 2k others apps.:rolleyes:

What exactly does being late mean for those of us who are late in submitting our applications? (I.E. Will I get a later interview date? How much are my chances of getting in diminished because I am a little bit behind in turning in my application? etc.)

I am curious because I recently switched from Pre-Podiatry to Pre-DO And I submitted my Primary just last week. and my LOR's are all being worked on by the professionals writing them and and I am sending in my Secondary next week.

Most (if not all) DO schools have what is called “Rolling Admissions.” In this system, the school is able to accept a greater percent of applicants early in the process and as the application season progresses they accept less and less. In short, the faster you are able to create a quality complete application the better. People who are really late, just now submitting their AACOMAS for example, are likely to be waitlisted at first. If you have a strong application, apply broadly, and stay on the ball with your applications from this point forward you should be fine.

Most (if not all) DO schools have what is called “Rolling Admissions.” In this system, the school is able to accept a greater percent of applicants early in the process and as the application season progresses they accept less and less. In short, the faster you are able to create a quality complete application the better. People who are really late, just now submitting their AACOMAS for example, are likely to be waitlisted at first. If you have a strong application, apply broadly, and stay on the ball with your applications from this point forward you should be fine.

Applying right now is not really late, its just not early. You can still interview for a acceptance instead of a waitlist spot. Now starting you application in Nov or later is considered late, because then you would probably be interviewing for a waitlist spot.

Last year, I submitted primary in end of november, 2ndary almost up to each school's deadline (feb/march). You won't be given much choices, but I manage to get in several schools still. So, don't feel hopeless already, its never too late. But its obviously still best to finish as early as possible.

Feb/March 2010 is the final deadline for enrollment in the fall of 2010?

similar concern....im finishing secondaries now, ive finished 10 and am a little slower finishing the rest because of work starting, being tired of these applications, but also thinking that I might be a little late....

i received a secondary from msu-com a week ago and they recommended everything being in by the end of august (i'm still waiting on my D.O. letter and pre-med letter, but they will be out within the week)...aka i figured i was late and am not bothering to fill out the secondary (plus the 65,000 out of state wasnt too appealing) but im wondering if i should apply the same thought process to other schools? i still have 4 schools (plus an additional two that are still screening) and just think that im getting late and dont know if filling out secondaries is worth it...any thoughts?

any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

similar concern....im finishing secondaries now, ive finished 10 and am a little slower finishing the rest because of work starting, being tired of these applications, but also thinking that I might be a little late....

i received a secondary from msu-com a week ago and they recommended everything being in by the end of august (i'm still waiting on my D.O. letter and pre-med letter, but they will be out within the week)...aka i figured i was late and am not bothering to fill out the secondary (plus the 65,000 out of state wasnt too appealing) but im wondering if i should apply the same thought process to other schools? i still have 4 schools (plus an additional two that are still screening) and just think that im getting late and dont know if filling out secondaries is worth it...any thoughts?

any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

You're not late because your AACOMAS is verified already, I believe the OP hasn't been verified yet and was concerned about being late.